£1000 in 100 days: 20th July - 27th October 2009

Options

Comments

• dizzytina
    dizzytina Posts: 777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning All,

Well i am off the mark and have managed £74.56 so far:j. This is from some ebay, mystery shopping and a book selling on Green Metropolis. I have about 30 items listed on eaby at the mo and they finish next week so fingers crossed i can add it to the pot.:D i am about to claim some mileage costs back for using my car for site visits so can i include that?:confused:

Keep up the good work everyone :D
    V 12500 B 8300 N 1900 Oct £51/£155
  • Sparkle80
    Sparkle80 Posts: 1,113 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok, copper jar emptied...£8.00! At least it's a start though :D
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello NYKmedia could you please add me so I can finally kick this debt!
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • longhill
    longhill Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    well off the mark to day £7.12 in stamps from the postal survey and £4.00 from lightspeed

1/8/22 weight 15st 3lb
  • Cashwitch
    Cashwitch Posts: 51 Forumite
    edited 23 July 2009 at 7:26PM
    Options
    I've made a great start by paying £260 off my total this week...:jmonthly repayments for my debts are huge and painful but I'm sticking at it to get rid of them [including a weekly budget of £40 for groceries and food for 2 of us]! I'm expecting my next update to be mid August when we find out how much we're getting closer to neutralising a big overdraft for our joint account...we've made about £500/£600 in progress since the Spring :)
    We won't be getting near starting to repay our individual overdrafts until September/October but at least the bulk of other stuff (loans) will be paid off by then....
    Work-wise my other half is expecting a lean period in the Autumn :( so we're really glad we're attacking our debts now. I only hope that we can start to save a small amount before this happens to give us a buffer to tide us over.
    Good luck everyone! Will be watching your progress + tips!;)
    Our challenges:
    * Aim: Debt-free in 2010

* Debt 01/05/09: £6770.33p D :wall:
    * Progress: 22/09/09 : £4381.02p D:j
  • natsing
    natsing Posts: 555 Forumite
    edited 23 July 2009 at 8:27PM
    Options
    Have done some work overtime, 9 hours pay winging its way to me in August, I'll wait til then to add it to my total, but really pleased I'm well off the mark, also made another 20p on scratchies, may get some ebaying done next weekend!
    Good luck all
    Debt free 11/05/11!

Savings £4000/ £300
  • Jazzie99
    Jazzie99 Posts: 289 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, Can you add me to the list too... thanks!
    Friend Debt: 5,000/3,850
    2013 Start Mortgage: 306,585/306,585
    Overpayments: 0
    ISA Saver:
    £10
  • Sparkle80
    Sparkle80 Posts: 1,113 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just won £43 on free bingo :j Won't add it to my total until it's in my account though.
  • lola34
    lola34 Posts: 1,205 Forumite
    Options
    :jHi all

Can I join in please:j have been watching these threads but they were always mid flow so didn't join,only 4 days late this time:rolleyes:

I already do some ebay but will list on my OH site to keep it seperate, am off to do my free scratch cards and check for any polls in my emails

Good luck everyone - we are off on hols in Nov so this will come in handy for spending money or to pay off CC before we go -off to US so they tend to take a bit of hammering over there:rolleyes:
  • Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,940 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Cashwitch wrote: »
    [including a weekly budget of £40 for groceries and food for 2 of us]!

Are you on the grocery challenge? Mine works out at £23 per week for 3 of us, but my overspending has brought that down! :eek: £20 per person, per week sounds positively luxurious to me, you lucky person. :rotfl:

I've added the 3 new names, welcome Rummer, Jazzie99 and Lola34. As leader of this challenge, I am allowed to be totally rubbish at it, that's the main rule. :rotfl:

I've still not got anything to add but I am at £9.90 on free scratchies after this morning's £1 win. I could have £10 by Monday! :o
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport