Is it wrong to want it all? Ramblings and other stuff

Comments

• LittleBit_2
    LittleBit_2 Posts: 533 Forumite
    Flower08 wrote: »
    I know what you mean. I think alot of people will think i sound snobby but i cant stand having unmatching furniture in our flat!! Most of ours doesnt match as we have only been living away from our parents for a year, but i cant wait until we can afford to buy nice new matching stuff!

Yeah, that's it. Hardly anything in our house matches, and in a big house that's a whole load of unmatching stuff :rotfl:
    We want to at least have the kids rooms looking nice, and then we won't have to redecorate and buy new furniture all the time (hopefully).
    Mummy to 3 fabulous boys all under 4 :eek:
  • LittleBit_2
    Well I've finally done one of the things on my list to try and save some money. I've filled in an application to change our life insurance, it's still with the same company, but just without the Critical Illness cover. It should bring it down from £37 a month to £7!!
    They should be calling us soon to go through all kinds of personal questions...
  • LittleBit_2
    Well I'm in the office today. Hopefully it should be a very low spend day. I just need to buy a birthday card for DS' little friend, and that should be it.

Better get some work done I suppose...
  • LilacPixie
    LilacPixie Posts: 8,052 Forumite
    Good luck littlebit.
    MF aim 10th December 2020 :j:eek:
    MFW 2012 no86 OP 0/2000 :D
  • LittleBit_2
    Only spent 25p today whoop whoop :j
  • LilacPixie
    LilacPixie Posts: 8,052 Forumite
    welldone. I spent about £8. bin bags anda cucumber
    MF aim 10th December 2020 :j:eek:
    MFW 2012 no86 OP 0/2000 :D
  • LittleBit_2
    God I'm so sick of being overdrawn!! I've just looked at our online banking which I thought was doing ok, and we're £155 overdrawn in one account, and £97 overdrawn in the other one, and we don't get paid for a week and a half!! :eek:
    We have had to pay out more this month than usual, but it just seems like every month something comes up.
    We got a dog behaviourist round which was £117. I know it's loads, but we really needed her. Also though, we've spent £14 at the carvery, £15 at Ikea, £15 at the petshop, £8 at TK Maxx, £20 at B&M and £90 on plants!! :eek:
    Does anyone have a weekly budget spreadsheet I could use? As budgeting monthly just doesn't seem to work for us.

I'm feeling very fed up and grumpy this morning. How are we ever supposed to live on just one wage when we can't even stay out of our overdraft on 2? :(
  • LittleBit_2
    Right I'm gonna play with this budget planner and sort out a new budget for us. New start and alL :rolleyes:
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,645 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    LittleBit wrote: »
    We got a dog behaviourist round which was £117. I know it's loads, but we really needed her.

Did you need her THIS month or could it have waited 10-14 days?

Also though, we've spent £14 at the carvery, Which is not essential

£15 at Ikea, I know it js cheap but did you absolutely need it this month (plus the petrol costs)

£15 at the petshop, what do you budget for the petshop?

£8 at TK Maxx, essential??????????????????

£20 at B&M ESSENTIAL???????????

£90 on plants!! - you certainly do not need them,

I'm feeling very fed up and grumpy this morning. How are we ever supposed to live on just one wage when we can't even stay out of our overdraft on 2?

Being harsh but you have to get relaistic about your income and stop living beyond your means.

That is £300 discretionary expenditure.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • LittleBit_2
    We got a dog behaviourist round which was £117. I know it's loads, but we really needed her.

Did you need her THIS month or could it have waited 10-14 days? Wanted to get her this month as I'm having baby number 2 in 3 months and there is some behaviour we needed to nip in the bud, and we will need to carry on with the training before baby arrives.

Also though, we've spent £14 at the carvery, Which is not essential. Nope I know.

£15 at Ikea, I know it js cheap but did you absolutely need it this month (plus the petrol costs) No we didn't, but I'm a sucker for buying things for my son :confused:

£15 at the petshop, what do you budget for the petshop? We don't budget anything as we don't usually buy anything from there, but we had to buy something that was part of her training to improve her behaviout

£8 at TK Maxx, essential?????????????????? Nope, toy for the little 'un

£20 at B&M ESSENTIAL??????????? Garden things

£90 on plants!! - you certainly do not need them, Nope we didn't need them. However, we are slowly trying to do up our house and the garden has been hideous for 2 and a half yeats. You are right though, and we should budget for things like that.

I'm feeling very fed up and grumpy this morning. How are we ever supposed to live on just one wage when we can't even stay out of our overdraft on 2?

RAS wrote: »
    Being harsh but you have to get relaistic about your income and stop living beyond your means.

Yes we do need to start being much better at budgeting which is why I've been playing on the budget spreadsheet and trying to think of better ways to make our money go further.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport