Line Rental with 11866 & 1899

Options
Am I correct in understanding, that by signing up to either 11866 or 1899 you pay £10.50 a month line rental to them? :-/
I am currently with NTL on a year's free line rental, even if I did pay line rental to NTL, would I also have to pay another £10.50 to 11866/1899

I currently have the 1 year free line rental
and pay £1 a month for the 5p talk plan
and pay £2 a month for the 40% discounted calls to moblies plan
(on top of the £17.99 a month Broadband deal)
what are my best options to achieve 11866/1899???

thanx
melonjosh

Comments

• Fenella
    Fenella Posts: 664 Forumite
    Options
    First of all its 18866.
    The rental is paid to BT, whose cheapest standard rental (all you need) is £9.99 per month if you pay by direct debit.
    Born to shop;)
  • wirm
    wirm Posts: 5,273 Forumite
    Options
    Try posting in the Telephone Bills, Mobile Phones and Internet Access board and you should get your question answered there! :-/
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    First of all its 18866.
    The rental is paid to BT, whose cheapest standard rental (all you need) is £9.99 per month if you pay by direct debit.

Line rental is paid to BT or to NTL as you are with them. BT Line rental, Option 1 is now £10.50 per month if paying by direct debit.

18866 or 1899 are only carrying the calls that you put through them so you would only pay them for those calls.

HTH
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hiya Edinburghlass, fancy you surfing, thought you'd be up to your eyes in mince pies etc. Have a good 'un !
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Hiya Edinburghlass, fancy you surfing, thought you'd be up to your eyes in mince pies etc. Have a good 'un !

Daughter is about to make the mince pies so we have one to leave out for Santa, beside the glass of whisky of course ;D

To the OP, you would need to check out if you are actually using £2 worth of calls a month to mobiles, if I understand you correctly, or you could use 1899 to call mobiles as they are slightly cheaper than 18866.

The £1 a month are you paying that to GET 5p calls or do you get so many calls for the £1 a month? Sorry I am not too sure on what you are being offered here by NTL.

If you were to use 18866 for your calls they would be 1p a call so you would need to look at your total calls for the month.

HTH

Can I take this opportunity to wish all on the Telephone board a Merry Christmas and may all your calls be cheap ones ;D ;D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure