Vodafone Mobile Top up and Go Broadband Help required

Options
Baggie_K8
Baggie_K8 Posts: 7 Forumite
edited 16 July 2009 at 8:58AM in Broadband & internet access
Is there anybody out there who can help me with this complaint

Purchased Vodafone Mobile Broadband dongle back in April. The product is a simple pay as go service which requires top ups of £15 as and when required.

As per the Vodafone website, content is restricted on the device until proof of age is completed. This I duly did by paying £1 on my credit card as proof and in return Vodafone promise to credit your balance with £2.50.

So after a few days and no credit I send Vodafone an email via the customer services page and wait for the promised 5 day response. After 9 days I give up and try the Vodafone forum (15/05/09), where I am advised by the Vodafone forum administrator that he £2.50 gets credited to your account, but will not be recognised on the Top-up-and-Go Modem until your credit reaches the next £15 increment. This means the next time you come to top-up, you'll only need to pay £12.50.

So foolishly I top up online only to find that they didnt take £12.50 but two lots of £15 i.e. £30 in total

I call them and a very nice advisor confirms and agrees with my problem removes the £30 from my account, adds the £2.50 outstanding and (so I am advised) issues an action to a team to process the refund, but they will have to call me.

1st June no contact from them so I call again, adviser unable to explain the delay but will contact refund team to urge. Adds a goodwill gesture of £5 to my account because of the poor service.

2nd June receive email response from my initial contact advising £2.50 has been credited to my account, so for my £1 outlay I have now received £10 worth of credit, but they still have my £30

22nd June - guess what, no contact, so call again. Same advice as above.

Sometime near end of June still no contact so call again to be told it takes up to 14 days. Grrrrrr

Early July, hooray I receive a realy polite and helpful call from Vodafone to process my refund.

15th July, still no monies returned to my bank so I call yet again only to be told that the case has been closed due to lack of information and the details will again have to be sent to this refund team.

Sorry for the long post, but I simply dont know where to go from here.

As an addition, I havent included the other numerous calls to Vodafone do it yourself customer services, speaking to supervisors, managers only to be told they do not have the ability to talk to the team dealing. And they call themselves a communications company.

I have already dispatched a letter to the Complaints dept in Banbury, no reply to date, but I also beleive Vodafone have a relations team who monitor this forum, maybe they can help.

Again sorry for size of post and thanks to anyone who can help.

Comments

• Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Baggie K8,

Has this been resolved for you now?

If not, could you email us using the 'Contact us' form on the Vodafone website and state 'FAO Web Relations' in the subject bar.

Within the body of the email could you also include the link for this thread and the code FIT135?

Once we've got it we'll get back to you as quickly as we can.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Baggie_K8
    Options
    Still no refund to date 26th July.

email sent to web relations team
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Baggie K8,

As we're up to date with our emails can you confirm that this has been resolved?

If not, could you either PM me your email address so that I can try to locate your email or as we've made some changes to how our emails will be routed through our email system could you resend it and again include a link to this thread with the new code WRT135 in the body of the email?

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure