Free World Book Day Promotional Items - Quick Read vouchers

Options

Comments

• shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    carla224 wrote:
    PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE NO TESCOS OR ASDA AND WONT TO SAVE MONEY ON FOOD SHOPPING

If you don't have a tescos or asda nearby I'm not sure what anyone can do to help you. Sorry.
  • crompton
    crompton Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    how can we help you if you dont have a tesco or asda near you. You can help yourself - move house. lol cheers welsh dragon had about 400 book vouchers through on thursday and then pens, pencils rubbers and posters on friday, thanks! have donated to my comprehensive school!!!
    Like what I said? click thanks!:rotfl: :rotfl:

100th Post : 31st July 2006
    200th Post : 10th September 2006
    300th Post : 6th January 2007
    300th Post : 12th April 2007
  • full-time-mum
    full-time-mum Posts: 1,962 Forumite
    Options
    Just received another lot of pencils etc - no mugs again - but schools are really pleased.
    Thanks for tip.
    7 Angel Bears for LovingHands Autumn Challenge. 10 KYSTGYSES. 3 and 3/4 (ran out of wool) small blanket/large square, 2 premie blankets, 2 Angel Claire Bodywarmers
  • Ajax18
    Ajax18 Posts: 265 Forumite
    Options
    I've been trying to find out what bookstores I can use these in or if quickreads have a website. Does anyone know if they do?
    So far the only bookstore I know that accepts them is WHS. Do you know of any others? I am a bit lost...
  • AnnieH
    AnnieH Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Options
    I rang my local bookshop (independent) and asked if they're still doing the Quick Read boks. Thay said the promotion had stopped now as it was for World Book Day in March (or april).

The library however said yes they're still doing the quick read books. Just a case of trial and error I think Ajax
  • freebie_junkie
    freebie_junkie Posts: 4,019 Forumite
    Options
    my local ads has a lot of teh quickreads books and theyre only £1.99 in asda, so only 99p with your tokens.

i got another lot and took them to streetwise, everyone was well chuffed with them :)
    :T The best things in life are FREE! :T
  • loopylass
    loopylass Posts: 1,296 Forumite
    Options
    Can you use these vouchers off childrens books in tescos/asda or any book shop as i would like to get some books for my children

Thanks
  • Diamonds_2
    Diamonds_2 Posts: 2,580 Forumite
    Options
    loopylass wrote:
    Can you use these vouchers off childrens books in tescos/asda or any book shop as i would like to get some books for my children

Thanks

Pressed thanks in error then.. doh! (not saying you don't warrant a thanks btw :o )

The Quick read tokens are for adult books, they are to promote adults to read more, they are not for childrens books unforunately.
  • MonkeyGirl
    MonkeyGirl Posts: 587 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for this post Welsh Dragon. I ordered some for my brownies. Only thing is I feel guilty as not sure what to do with the posters or bookmarks or where / how to spend the vouchers :o.

It doesn't state on the vouchers that they can only be used for adult books it just says quick reads. Has anyone tried it on children's books?

My brownies were most chuffed with there sticker and a pen / pencil though and a rubber for there box :D .

Thanks again Welsh Dragon it was a great find. :beer:

MonkeyGirl
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MonkeyGirl wrote:

It doesn't state on the vouchers that they can only be used for adult books it just says quick reads. Has anyone tried it on children's books?

I believe childrens books don't come as quick reads, only adult books. I can't see anything stopping you buying a childrens book as part of your shopping and getting £1 off that way though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure