🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Fault/leak at old property

Options
Hello,

I am after some advice please.

I moved house a while ago and received a final bill for my old property, whcih had my consumption at about 25 cubic mtrs per month, which is ridiculous! I paid the bill as it was carried over to my new property and didn't want to get into any problems there.

So, there is a fault or leak at my old property. If the new resident who has moved into my old property (my old landlord) gets the leak or meter fault fixed and is entitled to compensation, will I also be entitled to compensation given that I overpaid my final bill?

Should I call the water company (Yorskhire Water) and tell them that I believe there is a fault at my old property, even though I can't do anything about it now that I have moved out.

Or did I cease all responsibility and entitlement when I a) moved out and b) paid the final bill off?

Cheers!
'I can't deny the British influence on my accent and mannerisms, but I don't know the British national anthem, I didn't weep for Princess Diana and I always cheer when Britain loses at sport. That's how British I am' Constantine-Simms. :T

On God: 'The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike' D. B. McKown :T

Comments

• deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    Think it may be too late you should have queried the bill they sent it, give them a ring and find out
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport