PDSA and neutering

Options
124»

Comments

• mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,791 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You know.... i have just read through what everyone has posted here and i am amazed at how some people think if you have to use the PDSA for whatever reason you are not a responsible pet owner and should consider having a pet in the first place. How much do you all like that high horse you are on!! You know who you are.

How dare you lecture anyone about caring for their animals when you obviously do not know an individuals circumstances.

Its easy to sit in judgement when the only individual you have to face is not the person you are berating, but just a computer screen.

The point im trying to make is if you have a pet in your possesion, (however or why it happens to be there) you do the best you can for said pet. Unfortunately the PDSA is the only option for some. (God bless the PDSA and all who use her.)

At least they are not just letting their pets go it alone or suffer which you read about all to frequently in the papers nowadays!

Actually the point was, that you should not criticse when your getting something for nothing. But I guess some people are over sensetive. I hope I am never in the postion when I need to use PDSA but if I was then I wouldn't start complaining about them. I'd be thankful for what services they provide. But then thats just me.
  • homeworkgirl
    homeworkgirl Posts: 373 Forumite
    Options
    mrcol1000 wrote: »
    Actually the point was, that you should not criticse when your getting something for nothing. But I guess some people are over sensetive. I hope I am never in the postion when I need to use PDSA but if I was then I wouldn't start complaining about them. I'd be thankful for what services they provide. But then thats just me.

You come across as being very bitter about people "getting something for nothing" which isn't quite right anyway as I am sure that 99% of people who use the PDSA donate probably more than they can truly afford as they are just grateful that their pets are being treated.

Also, I and most others who find ourselves in the unfortunate position of losing our jobs for one reason or another would much rather be back in employment and able to afford private veterinary care like we used to (and that is not a criticism of the PDSA so please don't take it as one).
  • lady_jane
    Options
    Well, I actually rang the PDSA today and was told they charge £45 to neuter a male rabbit which I thought was a bit expensive considering you have to be on a low income to be eligible for their services. I am sure it didn't cost much more than that when I had my other bunnies done at my private vet a year or two ago. They are always trying to encourage people to get their animals neutered and I totally agree that they should, but at that sort of price it is not going to encourage people. I have always had my bunnies neutered but I am suffering real hardship at the moment and cannot afford £45. I also enquired about the prices of Stronghold (they don't do Frontline) and Drontal for cats and dogs and although they were a bit cheaper I am sure I have seen them cheaper online so probably will order them from there.

Do not buy vet products or any medication for humans online you do not know what you are getting. Pdsa do not recommend Frontline anymore as fleas are becoming resistant to it. Frontline can be purchased ta Tesco pharmacy or scats country stores safely. Stronghold is about £10 cheaper at pdsa than private vet. I go to pdsa regularly and again it is the receptionists that think they are god just like dr's ones. If you are not happy speak to head vet. They wouldn't see my cat in emergency and cost me £181 for overnight stay at private vet they even charged me for a bandage on his paw and inserting a drip fgs. I complained to senior vet at pdsa got cat transferred to them and rest of treatment was donation based. Yes you have to have council tax or housing benefit to be seen it is your responsibilty to provide proof of benefit. Hope that helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure