Nokia 6230i Problems - Can you help

Options
kazd
kazd Posts: 1,127 Forumite
I received my 6230i last June when they first came out, at the beginning of August my battery life suddenly went from 5 - 6 days to less than 24 hours. Both BT (Service Provider and Mobilephone shop (phone supplier) both denied it was anything to do with them and that I had to take it to the Nokia Authorised Repair Centre, ie Carphone Warehouse.

Hubby took phone, they said that they would have to do some sort of power management reboot which would result in everything being wiped from the memory. So I sent all important vids and pics to hubbies phone via IR. Phone went off, then came back slightly improved was now getting 3 -4 days, this soon dropped back to 48 hours. Back went the phone, think they did the same thing but this time they also opened a brand new battery (in front of hubby) and put that in the phone. Still no joy, just about getting 48 hours life.

Was then told that I would have to send my phone off to the CRC group, who should be able to sort it. Off went phone, within a few days back came phone, except this was not my phone and it had a fairly badly damaged screen. In addition to this I was still only getting 48 hours from this phone. This was in an area with 6 bars signal, no bluetooth, default screensaver and only about 15 - 20 mins worth of calls. No use of any other item like radio or games etc. I timed it from a full charge, 12.54 on Thurs to low batter warning at 2pm Saturday, approx 49 hours.

Having been on the Nokia site it seems many people have been complaining about this same issue and it relates to something called the power switch. I have written a letter to send back with my phone to CRC telling that I want my original phone back fixed, not the crappy damaged one they sent me. I have also copied the letter to Nokia Customer Service.

But what I really want to know is am I entitled to a new phone and if so who should be supplying it. I have had Nokia's since my first mobile (Nokia 101) and feel that this phone has been nothing but trouble. Its a complete pain in the butt, constantly having to switch to a different phone whilst this one goes of time and time again to be fixed.

Hope someone can help on this issue.

Getting worried now because my 1 year warranty is up in about 8 weeks.

£2.00 Savers Club = £34.00 So Far

+ however may £2 coins I have saved in my Terramundi since 2000.

Terramundi weighs 8lb 5oz

Comments

• drahcir_2
    drahcir_2 Posts: 4,127 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kazd wrote:
    I received my 6230i last June when they first came out, at the beginning of August my battery life suddenly went from 5 - 6 days to less than 24 hours. Both BT (Service Provider and Mobilephone shop (phone supplier) both denied it was anything to do with them and that I had to take it to the Nokia Authorised Repair Centre, ie Carphone Warehouse.

Hubby took phone, they said that they would have to do some sort of power management reboot which would result in everything being wiped from the memory. So I sent all important vids and pics to hubbies phone via IR. Phone went off, then came back slightly improved was now getting 3 -4 days, this soon dropped back to 48 hours. Back went the phone, think they did the same thing but this time they also opened a brand new battery (in front of hubby) and put that in the phone. Still no joy, just about getting 48 hours life.

Was then told that I would have to send my phone off to the CRC group, who should be able to sort it. Off went phone, within a few days back came phone, except this was not my phone and it had a fairly badly damaged screen. In addition to this I was still only getting 48 hours from this phone. This was in an area with 6 bars signal, no bluetooth, default screensaver and only about 15 - 20 mins worth of calls. No use of any other item like radio or games etc. I timed it from a full charge, 12.54 on Thurs to low batter warning at 2pm Saturday, approx 49 hours.

Having been on the Nokia site it seems many people have been complaining about this same issue and it relates to something called the power switch. I have written a letter to send back with my phone to CRC telling that I want my original phone back fixed, not the crappy damaged one they sent me. I have also copied the letter to Nokia Customer Service.

But what I really want to know is am I entitled to a new phone and if so who should be supplying it. I have had Nokia's since my first mobile (Nokia 101) and feel that this phone has been nothing but trouble. Its a complete pain in the butt, constantly having to switch to a different phone whilst this one goes of time and time again to be fixed.

Hope someone can help on this issue.

Getting worried now because my 1 year warranty is up in about 8 weeks.

from april 1st 2005 you get 24 months warrenty on nokias
    see here:
    http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,77086,00.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills