PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

MealPlans WB 13th July 2009

Options
124»

Comments

• Lemon_Verbena
    Options
    Ohhh the puds sound yummy can I have the recipe please :) Will do re the muffins. To quote you just hit the 'QUOTE' button under the post and it does it automatically, you can just delete the bits you don't want or to shorten it, hope that helps?

LV x
    Grocery Challenge : August 09 £295.00 £194.23, July 09 £300.00 £281.08
  • elf06
    elf06 Posts: 1,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmmmm though I had tried that maybe I didnt - oh who knows. thanks for the info though. As for the puds I posted the recipe the whats in your slow cooker thread. Will go have a look in a min and see what post number it was....
    Emma :dance:

Aug GC - £88.17/£130
    NSD - target 18 days, so far 5!!
  • elf06
    Options
    Ok found it - decided it easier to copy and paste so here it is.....

icon10.gifBlack cherry and choc puds
    Ok so I have never made them before but got the recipe out of my newly aquired (sp???) SC cook book.
    Heres the recipe

50g (2oz) butter, plus extra for greasing
    50g (2oz) caster sugar
    50g (2oz) self-raising flour
    1 egg
    1 tbsp cocoa powder
    0.25 tsp baking powder
    0.25 tsp ground cinnamon
    425g (14oz) can pitted black cherries, drained (I cldnt get these at my local Tesco so got the black cherry pie filling instead)

Chocolate sauce for serving
    100g (3.5oz) white choc, broken into pieces
    150ml double cream

Butter 4 metal pudding moulds (200ml ones) and line base with greaseproof paper. Place 7 cherries in each mould. Beat together butter, sugar, flour, egg, cocoa, baking powder and cinnamon in bowl until smooth then chop up remaining cherries and fold into mixture. Spoon into moulds and loosely cover with foil. Place moulds in SC (mine is an oval 3.5l SC and they only just fit with a little jiggling round). Add boiling water so that it comes half way up moulds and cook on high for 1.5 - 2 hours. Make the sauce by melting choc and cream over hot water.
    Et Viola its all done :D

Aug GC - £88.17/£130
  • Lemon_Verbena
    Options
    OMG! The Black Forest Muffins are an absolute success, so much so I don't think DH will be taking these to work tomorrow, used up some of the cherry glut from the freezer as well which made space for the peppers just diced from Aldi's super 6 :)

They came out all chocolatey and morish, I ate one just now when it was still warm yum, yum, yum :D one of lifes simple pleasures home baked goodies and the satisfaction you get from doing it yourself :A I reckon they'd be good served warm with custard or cream as a pud never mind cold in the lunchbox. I used my basic mix (minus the citrus peels and juices) I put 200g of frozen cherries in, 1 bag dark choc chips and used 250g S/R flour and 50g cocoa (cheap one reduced at Aldi to 45p for a big box), I added a good slug of kirsch to the mix but you could use cherry juice with a bit of almond essence in if you don't have kirsch, we only have ti cos it was a pressie at Xmas. I'm patting myself on the back, I now have a new yummy muffin variation and all thanks to MSE :j Now if I'm really good there will be a couple left for my DH to try when he comes home, can always make somemore though lol!

LV x
  • elf06
    Options
    Lemon_verbena - did you buy frozen cherries or were they fresh ones you froze? Or maybe a tin??

Aug GC - £88.17/£130
  • Lemon_Verbena
    Options
    Frozen ones from when Asda were doing them 250g for 99p, will try them with some fresh ones if there are any cheap but nice ones about, rarely use tinned fruit save for peaches and pineapple, the tinned stuff is usually too expensive I've found. I'm sure you can use any sort of cherries though and if its tinned you can use some of the juice as well.

LV x
  • elf06
    Options
    Great thanks look forward to trying it out sometime. I dont think my local Mr T has frozen cherries or tinned ones in juice but I am sure I could get something somewhere. Will make it a priority once we are out and about again cos they really do sound good!

Aug GC - £88.17/£130
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills