PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Vendors pull out AFTER exchange of contract

Options
1104105106107108110»

Comments

• Jaff.
    Jaff. Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    I will wait but being as this never happens I thought it would be a good idea to get some views from someone with experience in the matter.

I do not trust my solicitor completely, therefore I'm just making sure I get what I'm entitled to. If it turns out I'm not entitled to it then so be it. But if its there for the taking then I'm going to take it.

I understand stress is pushing it a bit but from what I see my vendors are getting off pretty much Scott free now even though we all entered into a contract.
  • InMyDreams
    InMyDreams Posts: 891 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A plea:
    Please do start a new thread before too many more people post on this one. I feel another epic coming on and it will make it very difficult for people tomorrow / next week / next month / next year to find the start of your story given that it will be on page 55....

Just copy your OP into a new thread...
  • Jaff.
    Jaff. Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    Done, although I can't see it being as bad as the OP's tbh
  • Cathie1954
    Options
    Hi,

I came across your post today, from 9/7/09 when you were trying to find out where you stood with your vendor who had pulled out the day before completion.

I apologise for my curiosity but I was worried about you and wondered what the eventual outcome was?

With regards

Cathie
  • tiggerbodhi
    tiggerbodhi Posts: 410 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ahh must be the Zombie thread apocalypse starting!!! call the Daily Mail..
    every time I manage to get one more breath into this body, I will sing a song of thanks to you my brothers, my sisters, my friends, may your sleep be peaceful, and angels sing sweetly in your ears.
  • flossie1968
    flossie1968 Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would just like to say, having read through 45 plus pages of this thread, it has been very helpful and given me a little ray of hope. The seller whose house I was buying had a mental breakdown between exchange and completion and despite notice to complete etc, he is now home from the psychiatric unit and refusing to talk to his solicitors and mine. I am now looking at specific performance etc. Nightmare situation. Myself and my small children are in holiday rentals until I can work out what to do.....
  • BlondeHeadOn
    BlondeHeadOn Posts: 2,267 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would just like to say, having read through 45 plus pages of this thread, it has been very helpful and given me a little ray of hope. The seller whose house I was buying had a mental breakdown between exchange and completion and despite notice to complete etc, he is now home from the psychiatric unit and refusing to talk to his solicitors and mine. I am now looking at specific performance etc. Nightmare situation. Myself and my small children are in holiday rentals until I can work out what to do.....

Can I suggest that you start a new thread on this topic? I think you will get a lot of support and useful information from the good people on this board, so it would be worth doing.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, it sounds a nightmare!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure