Sainsburys money off vouchers

Options

Comments

• charliedavis
    Options
    I used my £8.99 voucher in Tesco, Chepstow for the 3rd time today - what a shame it's only valid until the 25th (I think)

Well at least the new magazine for February is out on the 12th...

Charlie ;)
  • abbas_ali_2
    Options
    oh dear god. i work at sainsburys part-time (yes young male) at checkouts.

quite amusing listening to your stories. i have to say that peopel that come in with vouchers are my most hated of customers. plus it'd be nice if people treated us with a bit of respect!

its so annoying when peopel try to give you vouchers and coupons that are invalid in the sense they are past their expiry or even for stuff they haven't bought! i even have some clowns trying to give me clearly internet-only vouchers or home-made ones!

We call them cheapskates and they do most staff's head in.

Sorry if i have offended anyone but had to get that off my chest (please try and see things from our Point of View please :))
  • Juicy_Tube
    Options
    Sorry, forgot to add that Tesco are able to accept  the coupons because they claim the money back from Sainsburys.

Hi All,
    Not sure about the above, but...

Did you have any Sainsbury 'spend xx and get xx amount off a xx spend'? over the Xmas & New Year period??

Tesco accept these, even if they are out of date & you can use more than one of these vouchers per spend, at least this is the case in London SE16 Tesco! And I didn't spend the required amount in all cases. Worth a try?

Got this tip from another shopper, who was asking cashier to try and scan the vouchers which did work..Was that any of you. ;D

Used 2 vouchers for Xmas and with rest of the vouchers earned in the year my shop came to £30 when I actually spent £120.00!!

2 vouchers left, which I'll use this weekend..

JT x

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.. x
    It's great in here! :)
  • Juicy_Tube
    Options
    oh dear god.  i work at sainsburys part-time (yes young male) at checkouts.

quite amusing listening to your stories.  i have to say that peopel that come in with vouchers are my most hated of customers.  plus it'd be nice if people treated us with a bit of respect!

its so annoying when peopel try to give you vouchers and coupons that are invalid in the sense they are past their expiry or even for stuff they haven't bought!  i even have some clowns trying to give me clearly internet-only vouchers or home-made ones!

We call them cheapskates and they do most staff's head in.

Sorry if i have offended anyone but had to get that off my chest (please try and see things from our Point of View please :))

Yes, we are the cheapskates I am afraid!! ;D ;D
    It's great in here! :)
  • charliedavis
    Options
    Tried a £10 off £50 spend voucher from Sainsburys in tesco yesterday and the till didn't accept it sadly, so the cashier wouldn't take it :(

However I used yet another £8.99 voucher plus loads of others and got £13 off - hurray :D
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I am gutted, no coupons left but now youve said the 8.99 one works I'll pop down to Sainsburys later for the mag. I actually like the mag anyway, and its good value for £1.20!
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • bainsd
    bainsd Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone just use the vouchers at self-service. is this the easiest way to do it?
  • charliedavis
    Options
    I find it really stressful using the self-scan, it takes ages to scan each coupon and feed it in the slot - at any point you are at risk of the cashier coming over if she sees you putting coupons in. Plus last time I was told the machines had been changed so they only take coupons against products you actually buy (I don't believe her though!).

I tend to head for the younger staff who don't care - particularly if it's busy they don't want to be held up!
  • Lola.G_2
    Lola.G_2 Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Options
    I was told in Tescos today by cashier and supervisor they will not accept Sainsburys vouchers. As I'm a novice at the voucher lark I decided not to pursue it, probably Friday afternoon is not the best time to try it.

Are there any Tesco staff using this website that can advise of their up to date policy?

The vouchers I have are only valid until tomorrow anyway but I would like to know if it's worth picking up more from Sainsburys midweek to attempt to use in Tescos next weekend.
    Obsolete
  • charliedavis
    Options
    I'd try a different Tesco if I were you - where was the one that wouldn't take them?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure