We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Sentinel card protection

Options
124»

Comments

• waqasahmed
    Options
    macalloa wrote: »
    "What is the cheapest way of obtaining a Sentinel-type service?"

I got it free recently when I signed up for a GOLD CLASSIC current account with Norwich & Peterborough.

This was opened primarily for the Visa debit card which has no fees at overseas ATMs - - but the Sentinel cover is a nice little bonus.

In a similar boat here. I have the light account, and I don't get that advantage, but I am putting in about £500/month in, so Im hoping in around 6 months they'll let me upgrade to the Gold classic account which gives the free cards and keys protection

http://www.nandp.co.uk/current-account/gold-light-current-account/#
  • jicms
    jicms Posts: 482 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've let my Sentinel membership lapse due to the cost but miss the security of it especially the lost key and luggage return fobs. I don't want to change my current account so would be interested to know of any other organisations providing this service.
  • waqasahmed
    waqasahmed Posts: 1,940 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    jicms wrote: »
    I've let my Sentinel membership lapse due to the cost but miss the security of it especially the lost key and luggage return fobs. I don't want to change my current account so would be interested to know of any other organisations providing this service.

You wouldn't have to change your current account, but just get a new one instead. Cycle in £500 in every month (and out) and you get the protection. Simples

I cycle £500 in my N&P and £800 in my Nationwide account to get the benefits

I have an N&P light account, but they say that if you can put in £500/month (£125/week) in, they'll consider an upgrade
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have been trying to access the Sentinel website which has been down for days now. Anyone know if there's a problem with this company?
  • Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Options
    hansi wrote: »
    Have been trying to access the Sentinel website which has been down for days now. Anyone know if there's a problem with this company?
    Assuming you mean sentinelgold.co.uk then no problem here. (Ubuntu, Firefox)
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Assuming you mean sentinelgold.co.uk then no problem here. (Ubuntu, Firefox)
    Thanks, I must have an out of date link.:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport