Is CPS 'Just-Dial' still best ?

Options
Hi,

I'm using CPS 'Just Dial' for free evening and w/e calls as recommended by Martin a few months ago and then use 1899 for free daytime calls to UK land lines (3p connenction charge).

I notice that Martin is now recommending a different CPS 'Primus Saver Option 2'.

Is there any need for me to change to his new recommendations ? Funnily enough I just tried logging onto 'Just-Dial' website and it wasn't working :huh:

Edit: it seems to be working now......must have been a quick tech glitch

Ta.

Chris
you know when you're getting older - the wife says, "let's go upstairs and make love" and you reply, "I can't do both" !!

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    IIRC, the initial reason for the change was poor customer service in recent months.

Subsequently, of course, Talk Talk, Tele 2, OneTel, Carphone Warehouse all became one company and, if you have line rental with them and not just CPS, Talk Talk began barring 1899 and the like - so they became less competetive.

There is also, of course, the issue of the insertion of the word 'local' in an e-mail customers have recently received:
    From 1st May your plan will change to LeisureUKTalk with InternationalCaller Extra:

For just 99p a month you'll get:

Unlimited** evening and weekend calls to UK local landline numbers (starting 01 and 02)
    Unlimited daytime, evening and weekend calls to over 2 million TalkTalk customers*
    International rates from as little as 2p a minute
    Access to customer services - via phone, website or email
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • christopher_h
    Options
    Heinz wrote:
    IIRC, the initial reason for the change was poor customer service in recent months.

Subsequently, of course, Talk Talk, Tele 2, OneTel, Carphone Warehouse all became one company and Talk Talk began barring 1899 and the like - so they became less competetive.

There is also, of course, the issue of the insertion of the word 'local' in an e-mail customers have recently received:

Thanks Heinz, how does that affect me and 'Just-Dial' coz u don't mention them in your list ? Is there much price difference between 'Primus' or is it simply the poor Customer Service ?

Btw, what's "IIRC" please ?
    you know when you're getting older - the wife says, "let's go upstairs and make love" and you reply, "I can't do both" !!
  • Heinz
    Options
    You're right, of course, I missed JD off that list (they should've been included - they are also in that 'group' - see THIS THREAD).

The likely result of such mergers is a group 'standarisation' of services - so the barring of 1899 by Talk Talk for those who have line rental with them probably indicates the same will follow for the others (for subscribers who take their line rental).

The Primus Saver Option 2 package gives free E&W UK 01/02 calls (without the word 'local' in the T&Cs). It is CPS only (they don't offer line rental) so mixing and matching use of Primus, 1899, 18185, BT (1280) and whatever else is cheap is possible.

Sorry (2), IIRC is 'If I Remember Correctly'.

AFAIAA, AFAIK, IMHO are others I use too much but, as people catch me out as well, I have the below stored in my bookmarks.

http://www.acronymfinder.com/
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • christopher_h
    Options
    Heinz wrote:
    You're right, of course, I missed JD off that list (they should've been included - they are also in that 'group' - see THIS THREAD).

The likely result of such mergers is a group 'standarisation' of services - so the barring of 1899 by Talk Talk for those who have line rental with them probably indicates the same will follow for the others (for subscribers who take their line rental).

The Primus Saver Option 2 package gives free E&W UK 01/02 calls (without the word 'local' in the T&Cs). It is CPS only (they don't offer line rental) so mixing and matching use of Primus, 1899, 18185, BT (1280) and whatever else is cheap is possible.

Sorry (2), IIRC is 'If I Remember Correctly'.

AFAIAA, AFAIK, IMHO are others I use too much but, as people catch me out as well, I have the below stored in my bookmarks.

http://www.acronymfinder.com/

Thanks Heinz, just read that thread and will call the 0800 no' and switch to Primus 'Saver Option 2'......don't suppose there's any reward for using one of those companies like 'Uswitch' ?

I was on the phone with them 2 days ago (before I'd decided to leave 'Just-Dial') and funnily enough they asked me about switching phones....hmm, interesting thought eh :cool:

Chris
  • Heinz
    Options
    Thanks Heinz, just read that thread and will call the 0800 no' and switch to Primus 'Saver Option 2'......don't suppose there's any reward for using one of those companies like 'Uswitch' ?
    £8 if you go via Quidco - click the HERE link below.
  • christopher_h
    Options
    Heinz wrote:
    £8 if you go via Quidco - click the HERE link below.

Hey Heinz thanks for that :D

I'm having terrible trouble getting most of the links to work in Quidco (this one's not working either on my PC).

I've tried turning off Pop Up Blocker, Lowering Privacy/Cookie settings. Turned off Firewall, AVG, bla bla bla. Gawd it's frustrating. I've emailed their support but we still haven't solved it :mad:
  • Heinz
    Options
    Hey Heinz thanks for that :D

I'm having terrible trouble getting most of the links to work in Quidco (this one's not working either on my PC).

I've tried turning off Pop Up Blocker, Lowering Privacy/Cookie settings. Turned off Firewall, AVG, bla bla bla. Gawd it's frustrating. I've emailed their support but we still haven't solved it :mad:
    When I was working, £8 used to be close to an hour's pay for me.

Is it worth the hassle?
  • christopher_h
    Options
    Heinz wrote:
    When I was working, £8 used to be close to an hour's pay for me.

Is it worth the hassle?

Good point Heinz but I'm getting tighter in my old age :rotfl:
  • Broke_Bloke_2
    Options
    I'll happily slate 'Just-Dial' for their lack of 'customer service'.
    They asked my bank for (and got) more than three times what last months bill was (although it actually wasn't as much as it sounds).
    They have not provided any response to 6 emails asking why (both via website and direct). The parent company call centre (foreign) says its an email only C.S.
    Needless to say, the DD is cancelled, I'm moving to Primus and they can sing for this months bill.
    In my last email to them, I said I'd quite happily tell everyone how poor they were and I hoped they'd lose lots more money than they owed me. Hope I can keep that promise.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure