PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

It never rains but it pours eh!, looks like I wont be able to sell my house

Options
to my parents anyway.

I have a property which has 143k owed on it (including the redemption penalty) selling it at 120k

I was hoping to cover the negative equity by getting a cash advance on my husbands mortgage, as he has 70k equity in his house.

This today has been refused because they say his income will not cover both the cash advance and mortgage but they would do it if I was on the mortgage because it would then be covered.

Except I already have a mortgage and needed the money to pay off my propertys neg equity so can not go on the mortgage until it is sold.

I have been on maternity leave for a year so all my wage slips show SMP so can't even get a loan to cover it as I have no proof of any decent income and when I do go back to work in September it is part time.

So i tried desperately to avoid repossession and bankruptcy but may have to think about it again, which in turn fo0ks up my career aswell.

:confused: sometimes being a grown up isn't much fun!
:rotfl:

Comments

• andrewmp
    andrewmp Posts: 1,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can't you move in your house and sell your husbands?
  • DiggerUK
    DiggerUK Posts: 4,992 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    papermoney,
    My reading of your post is that you have 3 properties between you, and your husband, and that you want to sell one to your parents. Is this the case ?
  • papermoney
    papermoney Posts: 583 Forumite
    Options
    DiggerUK wrote: »
    papermoney,
    My reading of your post is that you have 3 properties between you, and your husband, and that you want to sell one to your parents. Is this the case ?

2 houses. Mine and my husbands.

My husbands is up for sale as well but isnt selling as the area isnt as good. It is also better for us to live in my husbands house as it is bigger. My house is too small for us all to live in unfortuantely otherwise we would have done.
  • Blacksheep1979
    Blacksheep1979 Posts: 4,224 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    papermoney wrote: »
    So i tried desperately to avoid repossession and bankruptcy but may have to think about it again, which in turn fo0ks up my career aswell.

Or you could pay your mortgage?
  • papermoney
    Options
    Or you could pay your mortgage?

If I could afford to pay it I would! but my salary won't cover it and the council tax and other bills.
    I wish I could.
  • Blacksheep1979
    Blacksheep1979 Posts: 4,224 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    And your husband won't contribute? Or why don't you rent it out and pay whatever the shortfall is (will be less than the full mortgage) - I don't see why you're seemingly jumping straight into thinking about bankruptcy?
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rent out your house rather than let it sit there empty. The rent should go someway to covering your mortgage though you will have to inform the mortgage company.
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
  • DiggerUK
    DiggerUK Posts: 4,992 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Papermoney,
    The world is as we find it, not as we want it.

Put both houses on the market, move into the one you don't sell first.
    If you have to sell both house to clear the decks and rent, then tough.
    Sometimes the only deal on the table is a !!!!!! deal.
    You can only go up after that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ&feature=PlayList&p=CDFEA6D52E5CC0EC&index=15

The bottom line in life is survival, anyway, anyhow.
  • papermoney
    Options
    DiggerUK wrote: »
    Papermoney,
    The world is as we find it, not as we want it.

Put both houses on the market, move into the one you don't sell first.
    If you have to sell both house to clear the decks and rent, then tough.
    Sometimes the only deal on the table is a !!!!!! deal.
    You can only go up after that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ&feature=PlayList&p=CDFEA6D52E5CC0EC&index=15

The bottom line in life is survival, anyway, anyhow.
    Both houses are up for sale, both not selling. Mine would have to be at a loss anyway as the mortgage is far more than it is worth.

SO we sell mine, we still have the same problem!

I did rent the house out, although my mortgage company wouldnt let me. I did anyway because we cant afford 2 mortgages. We have been paying the shortfall. Even that we can not afford.

I am not jumping into BR at all, infact ive been avoiding it for a long time and if I find another way out i'll take it, right now I can't.

!!!! happens yes i know, but thats not solving the problem. My house is sold i still need to find a shortfall of 23k from somewhere!
  • papermoney
    Options
    sorry didnt mean to quote just one person.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport