Internet in student house

Hey all
just a few questions, i was previously living in a student house but out of the 7 of us, there was 2 sorting out all the bills/accounts etc.
Anyway, tomorrow im moving in with 3 of my other mates, and was just wondering what to do about internet, gas, electricity and water bills?
Im gonna be living there for about a month on my own till everyone else moves in.
I dont mind setting up the internet under my name/bank account, but dont want everything else under my name/bank account due to chasing up my mates for money when i barely have any in my account anyway.
Ive heard of people settings up joint accounts and people paying money in for bills, how would i do this?
Also, theres a vigrin recommend a friend thing here, but they want £30 installation fee, which you then get back 2-3 months later, but online over the telephone its free installation.
Anyway thanks in advance for any questions answered.
Cheers

Comments

• Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    My son had a 12 month contract with o2 for his internet and got it cheaper as he has a mobile phone contract with them. Might be worth looking at. £7.50 a month

o2 with mobile contract.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
    456789 Posts: 2,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    don't open joint accounts incase being linked to them messes up your credit rating
  • mrJ_5
    mrJ_5 Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    and the possiblity of one of them withdrawing all the funds and no one claiming responsibility
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure