BT - very frustrating!

Options
2»

Comments

• porlock
    porlock Posts: 190 Forumite
    Options
    Side point:

This 12-month phone contract - we agreed to it, but the property didn't have a phone line installed. Does this put the contract on shaky ground, as it refers to something that didn't exist when the contract was agreed to?
  • isplumm
    isplumm Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    porlock wrote: »
    Side point:

This 12-month phone contract - we agreed to it, but the property didn't have a phone line installed. Does this put the contract on shaky ground, as it refers to something that didn't exist when the contract was agreed to?

The question is - do you have a phone line now?? If so, then no probs ... but if you are paying for a service that you can not actually use, well then yes ... you might have a point.

Mark
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • isplumm
    Options
    ABH wrote: »
    I must admit I don't know that much about the BT Tv product, infact if I'm honest I don't know anything. However, if they've promised the OP a service and they're not getting that service, then obviously they're going to complain. If the OP requires a suitable aeriel upgrade, then surely this would be IN with the package price that BT charge?

If not, then aren't they leaving themselves open to alot of unecessary complaints when all they would need to do is send 1 man up a ladder to fit a suitable aeriel? Or confirm whether the aeriel would do the job, I believe they could do this from the ground, just by looking up :rolleyes:;):D

Its not the OP's job to determine if they have the right equipment, surely it's BT's job to ensure that they provide the right equipment to provision the customer with what they need to supply the contracted service.

No ... when they signed up to the TV, BT will have checked their postcode ... it will have told them that they can get freeview channels ... which they can .... so BT are giving what they requested ... remember that BT Vision offers extra services.

Mark
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • porlock
    Options
    isplumm wrote: »
    The question is - do you have a phone line now?? If so, then no probs ... but if you are paying for a service that you can not actually use, well then yes ... you might have a point.

Mark

We got one installed, yes. Fair enough, then, I just wasn't sure how these things worked.

As I say, the phone's the only thing that does work, and it's what we're contracted for, but then again we only got the phone line so we could use the TV & Broadband.
  • porlock
    Options
    isplumm wrote: »
    No ... when they signed up to the TV, BT will have checked their postcode ... it will have told them that they can get freeview channels ... which they can .... so BT are giving what they requested ... remember that BT Vision offers extra services.

Mark

They didn't do this when we changed our address, though.

And actually, we get more channels and a better picture through Freeview, so we've abandoned the Vision box altogether now. Will have to try to remember how to work the video!
  • isplumm
    Options
    porlock wrote: »
    They didn't do this when we changed our address, though.

And actually, we get more channels and a better picture through Freeview, so we've abandoned the Vision box altogether now. Will have to try to remember how to work the video!

Hi,

But they will have done a check ... might not have told you ... cause you passed your address details to them.

If you getting more channels from a freeview box .... then I would be complaining ... cause you should get the same channels!

Mark
  • mrsdarbs
    mrsdarbs Posts: 411 Forumite
    Options
    I hate BT! I think their customer service is apalling! I have the same problem with the internet provided by them.

We used to be with Sky for the tv, but in our attempt to save some money we switched. we wasn't able to get broadband from sky (though it is available in our area now) so wasn't an option to try and get a bundle from Sky.

Now I know we should have read the small print, but I think it's ridiculous that you have to pay for 3 lots of line rental!! I never realised that we couldn't pick up all the freeview channels - luckily we are only paying for the minimum package, but we are now paying out more than we was when we had the tv with sky!!

And I ordered the 1571 service over two weeks ago - ok it's free - but it's says in my email confirmation that it would be ready in under 48 hours and it's still not working!!

Has anyone else had these issues?! I tried looking on the BT website - there is a forum there and the number of complaints is astronomical!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure