bt landline and o2 broadband or virgin media for the lot?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
6 replies 1.1K views
before_hollywoodbefore_hollywood Forumite
20.7K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
hey all, quick question

i have just moved out of the parents place, and need broadband at mine, dont want to have to use a landline but mobile broadband isnt available.

bt landline and o2 broadband is about £20, virgin want the same, but which is better?

thanks
things arent the way they were before, you wouldnt even recognise me anymore- not that you knew me back then ;)
BH is my best mate too, its ok :)

I trust BH even if he's from Manchester.. ;)

all your base are belong to us :eek:

Replies

• totmalyshtotmalysh Forumite
    73 Posts
    I had Virgin broadband (at the time when it was Telewest and NTL), Telewest were easy to deal with, paid them for the installation, no BT line was needed, however with Virgin takeover things went down hill. They messed up my house move, ignored emails, had long queues to get through to them.

The alternative: O2 and BT - had it for over the year, no complaints to O2, always helpful, easy installation, no charges for that and cashback for joining via cashback sites. You can pay by credit or debit card and my 16 meg broadband is actually higher than that. In one word - an utter enjoyment.
  • i'm going with bt and o2

had to get my order in today for the landline as the previous guy was with v.m and it would be classed as a new line as he left bt years ago, plus i get a new number that is ex directory- exactly what i wanted!!!!!!!!!!

engineers are coming next monday and i should have my o2 broadband moved in a few weeks
    things arent the way they were before, you wouldnt even recognise me anymore- not that you knew me back then ;)

• MickW_3MickW_3 Forumite
    39 Posts
    Good man. That's exactly what I'm doing as Virgin Media's BB is way more expensive and they like to slow you down during the day!

I've (hopefully) got BT coming on Wednesday to re-connect me. Now I just need a cheap 2nd mobile on O2 so I can qualify for the lower rates.
  • OldGreyFoxOldGreyFox Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Hope you got the BT free connection deal if appropriate to your needs.
  • OldGreyFox wrote: »
    Hope you got the BT free connection deal if appropriate to your needs.
    yep :j:j:j:j:j:j:j

dormant line lol

• MickW_3MickW_3 Forumite
    39 Posts
    Just had my BT line installed today and number ported from Virgin Media. Have also received an O2 PAYG phone from Carphone Warehouse for a tenner (Sony Ericcson T201 I think) so it's off to O2 I go!!!! My wife spoke with the engineer and he told her that loads of people are complaining that Virgin Media are getting expensive for what you get. Too right! Anyway all that's left is for the Sky+HD install to take place on Monday and I'll be all set for Torchwood in HD. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12

Available online and in stores

MSE Deals