Plusnet Broadband no cashback paid

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
7 replies 976 views
pebx99pebx99 Forumite
49 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
I applied for PlusNet value broadband through the Topcashback website, and the promised £25.00 cash back has been rejected now on two occasions, even though it is a valid claim, which is still being advertised as being available through the website. This offer appears to be being made just to get people to join up; so, if you would not already have chosen Plus Net as the best package - just ignore this phantom cash back offer.

Replies

• oily_ragoily_rag Forumite
    110 Posts
    Thx for passing that on. I was thinking about signing up with them after AOL increased their charges by 80% but now I'm leaning more towards a package deal with the Post Office.
  • OldGreyFoxOldGreyFox Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    I went through Cashbackkings and they paid my £23 out with no problems.

http://www.cashbackkings.com/plusnet-broadband/bargains/m5778
  • pebx99pebx99 Forumite
    49 Posts
    oily_rag wrote: »
    Thx for passing that on. I was thinking about signing up with them after AOL increased their charges by 80% but now I'm leaning more towards a package deal with the Post Office.

Well, I've had no problems with the Post Office Homephone - though everybody seems to have increased their line rental charges recently.
  • notbritishgasnotbritishgas Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I joined Plusnet in March through Quidco when the cashback was £35. This has been paid with no problems, so it definitely is not a phantom offer.
  • pebx99pebx99 Forumite
    49 Posts
    I joined Plusnet in March through Quidco when the cashback was £35. This has been paid with no problems, so it definitely is not a phantom offer.

Well, looks like some people do get paid. Perhaps I just chose the wrong site to apply through.
  • notbritishgasnotbritishgas Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    pebx99 wrote: »
    Well, looks like some people do get paid. Perhaps I just chose the wrong site to apply through.
    Were you " referred" by someone else? If so this will mean cashback is not paid as they only pay out on one incentive.
  • pebx99pebx99 Forumite
    49 Posts
    Were you " referred" by someone else? If so this will mean cashback is not paid as they only pay out on one incentive.

No, I ordered directly through the Topcashback website. I now have this reply from plusnet:

Dear
    We understand your frustration regarding this.

We cannot see any tracking on your account to show that it was ordered via that website, this maybe because you were not registered/logged into that site when you placed your order through them.

Because of this we would unfortunately not be able to take any further action on this for you, and would recommend that you take the matter up with Topcashback yourself.

Please accept our apologies for being unable to offer any further assistance with this query.

Kind regards,

Mark Ellwood

This is, of course, nonsense, since I was logged in at the time and the transaction registered on the website. I have replied that I will be reviewing my position at the end of the contract.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals