Bathrooms 365 - anyone used them?

Options
Hi

I'm looking to buy an Ideal Standard toilet, sink etc to replace a current suite.

Someone at work recommended the website Bathrooms 365 for good service and prices, but I don't really want to put in quite an expensive order based on 1 person's recommendation.

Does anyone have any experience of them?

Many thanks

willdc1

Comments

• Rosebery_2
    Rosebery_2 Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    If you know what you want go to your local supplier and negotiate the best deal there rather than an internet site.

You really do not save money doing it the internet way and theses companies are far too much hassle when it all turns to the proverbrial.

Cheers
  • Canucklehead
    Canucklehead Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Options
    willdc1 wrote: »
    Hi

I'm looking to buy an Ideal Standard toilet, sink etc to replace a current suite.

Someone at work recommended the website Bathrooms 365 for good service and prices, but I don't really want to put in quite an expensive order based on 1 person's recommendation.

Does anyone have any experience of them?

Many thanks

willdc1

Good evening: One of the OH's customers used them last November...value for money and excellent service for the Ideal Space loo and furniture (price couldn't come close from plumber's merchants/independents that my OH recommends). You could take the price into a merchants and see if they can match it..

HTH

Canucklehead
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
  • willdc1
    willdc1 Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks both - it's a good recommendation to take the quote to a merchants and see what they can do. I did take the quote to a bathroom store, but they couldn't come close, so will try a couple of merchants.

But also good to have peace of mind Canucklehead, that someone else has had a good experience with the company. Thanks.

willdc1
  • andyhop
    andyhop Posts: 1,996 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening: One of the OH's customers used them last November...value for money and excellent service for the Ideal Space loo and furniture (price couldn't come close from plumber's merchants/independents that my OH recommends). You could take the price into a merchants and see if they can match it..

HTH

Canucklehead

Anyone in the trade that uses online retailers are not getting the best deal

I always rave about PTS and there prices should always be cheaper than internet prices.....If your not getting atleast 49% of retail your getting your pants pulled down!!

Even Ideal Bathrooms (part of grahams) which carry huge stocks rather than waiting for 14 days for direct delivery, you should still be getting better than online prices
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
  • Canucklehead
    Options
    HI

I have here a price from PTS Dated 12/6/09 for an Aqualisa quartz digital. £452. 26 inc vat. I have an account.

Online at Showers to you £419.inc vat and delivery, next day.:confused:

I did however get a good price for a 1200x900 Twyford geo6 shower enclosure.£317 inc.
    As a rule I avoid buying sanitaryware online, the risk of damage is too great.This one time it was ok.

GSR
  • andyhop
    andyhop Posts: 1,996 Forumite
    Options
    HI

I have here a price from PTS Dated 12/6/09 for an Aqualisa quartz digital. £452. 26 inc vat. I have an account.

Online at Showers to you £419.inc vat and delivery, next day.:confused:

I did however get a good price for a 1200x900 Twyford geo6 shower enclosure.£317 inc.
    As a rule I avoid buying sanitaryware online, the risk of damage is too great.This one time it was ok.

GSR

You need to get your account terms changed!!The operator has the ability to change the GP ratio !

On specials like bette baths and hansgrohe i would expect PTS to be the same or dearer but on Twyford and Aqualisa they should be cheaper
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
  • Canucklehead
    Options
    andyhop wrote: »
    You need to get your account terms changed!!The operator has the ability to change the GP ratio !

On specials like bette baths and hansgrohe i would expect PTS to be the same or dearer but on Twyford and Aqualisa they should be cheaper

Hi

If I go into PTS and ask for a price I would like to think ,being in the trade, they would give me the best price. If not then they will lose out to someone else .I don't have the time or inclination to 'negotiate' for a deal.
    When doing a quote I can sit here 24/7 and get prices, rather than call PTS every 5 minutes.Quote gets accepted then call PTS see if they can better some items.
    I don't supply and fit bathrooms so it's not a big problem for me. I usually leave the choice and purchase of a bathroom suite to the customer.Otherwise I could spend most of my working life running around for no gain.

GSR.
  • willdc1
    Options
    I wanted to come back on here and thank everyone for their help and let you know how I got on.

I phoned my local PTS and they came in at 497.07 for the pottery whilst Bathrooms365 came in at £478.00.

However because Bathrooms365 charge £42.50 for delivery, it worked out cheaper to get the pottery (basin & toilet) from PTS. Plus I also have peace of mind that if there's something wrong / a defect, I can replace it easily as PTS are only 15 mins drive away.

Bathrooms365 were however massively cheaper on the Crosswater taps and waste, so I have ordered those from Bathrooms365 rather than PTS.

So I've mixed and matched to get the best price, and wanted to thank you for your help and recommendations - it's been much appreciated.
  • R&C
    R&C Posts: 242 Forumite
    Options
    Do you mind me asking which pottery you went for, looking for inspiration!
  • willdc1
    Options
    Hi R&C

I went for the Ideal Standard Create Square range. I already have it in my en-suite and it's superb.Clean lines and great quality.

I can also recommend the Crosswater Kai Lever basin mixer - great quality.

Let me know which range you choose and how you get on - this forum is a great source of help and inspiration for me.

Good luck with choosing as there are so many styles out there!

willdc1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport