Thomas Cook flight to Canada - Flight luggage allowance?

Flying to Vancouver with TC in a couple of months. Just wondering what the luggage limit is (20kg per person?) and also what are you allowed to take on the aircraft? With regards to the latter I have a medium sized rucksack and just wanted to make sure it wasn't too big. Can't find relevant info on their website. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Nordictat2
    Nordictat2 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    :D *If you like the advice I give...let me know by clicking the THANKS button* :D
  • humfer
    humfer Posts: 1,779 Forumite

Thanks I obviously wasn't looking hard enough.

As I booked before they changed the rules onthe 4th of March, and as I'm also flying to Canada, I assume I have 20kg per person to check in, and then can take 5kg onto the aircraft. Do I need to prebook any of this at all?

Passengers travelling to Canada and selected long haul routes will be provided with 20kg of check-in baggage within the booking cost.
  • withabix
    withabix Posts: 9,508 Forumite
    Was this flight booked with Canadian Affair?

If so, correct current checked luggage details are as follows:

1) How much luggage can I take with me?
    Each passenger in Economy is entitled to 20 kilograms for hold luggage. Passengers booked in Premium / Club class are entitled to 30 kilograms of hold luggage. All passengers have a hand luggage entitlement of one piece of 5 kilograms - no more than 5 kilograms per passenger may be carried on board. Any hold luggage in excess of the 20 kilograms or 30 kilograms limits will be charged at GBP £10 / CAD $20 per kilogram on Thomas Cook flights, and GBP £9 / CAD $18 per kilogram on Air Transat flights. The size of hand luggage can not exceed 56 x 45 x 25 centimetres on Thomas Cook flights and 23 x 40 x 51 centimetres on Air Transat flights (sizes are approximate). Infants under 2 years of age are not entitled to a baggage allowance. Due to Airport Authorities health and safety guidelines no single item of luggage can exceed 32 kilograms.

Hand luggage restriction is 1 x 5kg item ONLY (ie NOT 'plus handbag or laptop')
    British Ex-pat in British Columbia!
  • humfer
    humfer Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    withabix wrote: »
    Was this flight booked with Canadian Affair?

If so, correct current checked luggage details are as follows:

1) How much luggage can I take with me?
    Each passenger in Economy is entitled to 20 kilograms for hold luggage. Passengers booked in Premium / Club class are entitled to 30 kilograms of hold luggage. All passengers have a hand luggage entitlement of one piece of 5 kilograms - no more than 5 kilograms per passenger may be carried on board. Any hold luggage in excess of the 20 kilograms or 30 kilograms limits will be charged at GBP £10 / CAD $20 per kilogram on Thomas Cook flights, and GBP £9 / CAD $18 per kilogram on Air Transat flights. The size of hand luggage can not exceed 56 x 45 x 25 centimetres on Thomas Cook flights and 23 x 40 x 51 centimetres on Air Transat flights (sizes are approximate). Infants under 2 years of age are not entitled to a baggage allowance. Due to Airport Authorities health and safety guidelines no single item of luggage can exceed 32 kilograms.

Hand luggage restriction is 1 x 5kg item ONLY (ie NOT 'plus handbag or laptop')

Well it was booked with Canadian Affair, but through Thomas Cook. Sounds odd I know but mentioned Canadian Affair were cheaper when calling TC and they did the booking themselves with CA. Have a TC referance no. and says TC on credit card bill, so fingers crossed all will be ok.

Bit confused about the hand luggage size. TC website states 43x28x23cm but CA site states 56x45x25cm. Which one should I trust?
  • lorweld
    lorweld Posts: 5,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    :hello:
  • jamesbrownontheroad
    jamesbrownontheroad Posts: 617 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 June 2009 at 9:34PM
    humfer wrote: »
    Well it was booked with Canadian Affair, but through Thomas Cook. Sounds odd I know but mentioned Canadian Affair were cheaper when calling TC and they did the booking themselves with CA. Have a TC referance no. and says TC on credit card bill, so fingers crossed all will be ok.

Bit confused about the hand luggage size. TC website states 43x28x23cm but CA site states 56x45x25cm. Which one should I trust?

Canadian Affair & Thomas Cook charter flights from two airlines for routes to Canada: Thomas Cook Airlines and Air Transat. I would refer to your travel documentation to check which airline and aircraft is operating your flight. Air Transat flight numbers start TS, Thomas Cook Airlines flights start MT.

The Canadian Affair website has detailed information about the different aircraft and which routes they serve. Ultimately your luggage allowance will depend on the airline/aircraft.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure