Updated Printable Money off Coupons & Policies Thread 7 (and chat)

Options

Comments

• Genmod55
    Genmod55 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Options
    gill377 wrote: »
    I am, and it seems to be working for me, surprised-023.gif

Thats great then, thanks. I will certainly be giving it a try.
  • BabyFratelli
    BabyFratelli Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    lucasmum wrote: »
    Hi, I don't know if anyone can help but I went shopping on sunday and picked up a bargain of expert golfballs for £1.25 instead of £5- great yeah?? only I have just checked my receipt 2 days later and I was charged £10!!!!

They were definately the right ones coz I checked. If i take them back now canI still get double the difference or will I just be lucky to get my money back? My tesco is like 30mins away or I would have run straight down there!

Thanks for any help.

Becky

Run there, that made me lol, I think you should still get double the difference back although I'm sure someone else will qualify this!
  • lucasmum
    lucasmum Posts: 324 Forumite
    Options
    I will have to go tomorrow now unfortunately- I suppose its a lesson to check my receipts before I go home!! thanks for your advice.

lol- maybe not quite run...... no wonder my shopping bill was so much!!
  • hogshead
    hogshead Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    Options
    Caught up again, would've done so last night but someone broke the site.....own up who was it OR perhaps us & all our niceness back to normality was too much for the server & it needed time out!
    Anyway a few warby codes for you
    Orange toastie loaves

2QZSW
    BOGU18

BIZRW
    CHGU14
  • Genmod55
    Genmod55 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Options
    lucasmum wrote: »
    Hi, I don't know if anyone can help but I went shopping on sunday and picked up a bargain of expert golfballs for £1.25 instead of £5- great yeah?? only I have just checked my receipt 2 days later and I was charged £10!!!!

They were definately the right ones coz I checked. If i take them back now canI still get double the difference or will I just be lucky to get my money back? My tesco is like 30mins away or I would have run straight down there!

Thanks for any help.

Becky

I had a similar experience last year when I bought a BOGOF wine offer (paid £4.99 for one and got second free). It was on the end of the aisle where all the big offers are and it seemed such a good offer at the time that I didn't believe it so I got a member of staff to clarify that I was reading correctly. She even reached me some down as all the lower ones had gone. It wasn't until I got home (having already drunk one bottle of the wine) that I checked the bill to find that I had been charged full price for both bottles!:mad:

I went back next day with my receipt and before going to CS I went to where the offer was just to check, and low and behold it had been changed to £1.50 off per bottle - no mention of the BOGOF. I then went to CS and explained - they checked their computer and of course that just confirmed what the shelf said, only £1.50 off! I told them that I had asked for confirmation at the time of purchase but they said there was nothing they could do - no one could remember seeing that offer. Someone had obviously made a mistake and changed it quickly. They promised to make further enquiries and ring me back but of course they never did.

So now I always check my bill before I leave Tesco because once they have rectified the mistake no one will own up to it - its as if it never happened!
  • jill36_2
    jill36_2 Posts: 909 Forumite
    Options
    swannee_D wrote: »
    re branston glitch originally posted by fay on the misprice thread (30/06/09)...

always a good place to look for bargains!!:j

Could some one point me in the right direction for misprice thread please
    :confused:
  • veggiecar
    veggiecar Posts: 2,101 Forumite
    Options
    jill36 wrote: »
    Could some one point me in the right direction for misprice thread please
    :confused:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1656271&page=999
    It's nice to be nice .....:beer:
    You HAVE checked google before asking, haven't you?;)
    If you use the "search this thread" button at the top of the page, you may find it's been answered already!;)
  • veggiecar
    veggiecar Posts: 2,101 Forumite
    edited 7 July 2009 at 3:57PM
    Options
    ampersand wrote: »
    #######################
    That one finished on Sunday[it was the Tesco wine loophole that Martin headlined after mustbemoreorganised had posted a call from his/her partner] but the others are found here:
    The torres 150 points is still ongoing until the 17th...it's just not quite as good a deal without the 25% off when you buy 6 bottles;)

Points per £ it's still the 10th best points deal:-

Tesco Enriched Olive Spread 500g
    Marques De Monistrol Vint Rose 75cl
    Marques De Monistrol Vintage Brut75cl
    Lurpak Butter Portions Multi Pack 6x50g
    Cathedral City Cracker Cheddar 200g
    Tesco Pure Freshwhole Milk 2 Litres
    Tesco Pure Freshsemi Skimmed Milk 2 Litres
    Tesco Pure Fresh Skimmed Milk 2 Litres
    Tesco Wholefood Island Mix 300g
    Torres Vina Sol 75cl
    :beer::beer:

My full list sorted into best deals is here
    It's nice to be nice .....:beer:
    You HAVE checked google before asking, haven't you?;)
    If you use the "search this thread" button at the top of the page, you may find it's been answered already!;)
  • Dr.Who-Who
    Dr.Who-Who Posts: 7,774 Forumite
    Options
    Genmod55 wrote: »
    So now I always check my bill before I leave Tesco because once they have rectified the mistake no one will own up to it - its as if it never happened!

Me too, too busy checking my bill & before that I was so busy chatting with one of my SA what with she asking for my fob key, & me packing up my groceries & paid 77p by the time I finished everything. Silly moi... walk out & left me purse (since i am a pauper, I dont carry lots of money, got less than £2 & some pennies in my purse) on the counter, only notice it when I got home! Ah... called CS & they got my purse phew!! will be collecting it later.:j to spend again.... with the help of coupons.
    RIP my dear dear parent : Mum aged 62 (17/5/1990) & Dad aged 89 (23/1/2012)

• jeferey
    jeferey Posts: 4,300 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Dr.Who-Who wrote: »
    ... walk out & left me purse (since i am a pauper, I dont carry lots of money, got less than £2 & some pennies in my purse) on the counter, only notice it when I got home! Ah... called CS & they got my purse phew!! will be collecting it later.:j to spend again.... with the help of coupons.
    That was lucky - at least there are some honest people about:D
    I'm known to never much money - always have more MOC's than cash :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try - oh bu99er that just cheat :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family