Alliance and Leicester PPI reclaim -contant delaying.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
3 replies 708 views
jaydeeuk1jaydeeuk1
7.7K Posts
Debt-free and Proud!
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
Hi, just wondering what my next step should be.

About 5 months ago, I had a letter from A&L saying that my loan has PPI and should have any questions to ring them or if there is no problem then ignore the letter etc.

I had no idea I had ppi as there is no way I would have chosen to had it added, so I started the reclaiming process imediately.

A couple of weeks later I had an acknowledgement letter. A couple of months later I had a letter they are still investigating and unable to provide an outcome.

Just now (another month or so later) I've had an identical letter. I don't want to phone them up as I want to keep everything in writing but wondering what should I do next? Can they keep delaying indefinitely?

Replies

• di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    jaydeeuk1 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering what my next step should be.

About 5 months ago, I had a letter from A&L saying that my loan has PPI and should have any questions to ring them or if there is no problem then ignore the letter etc.

I had no idea I had ppi as there is no way I would have chosen to had it added, so I started the reclaiming process imediately.

A couple of weeks later I had an acknowledgement letter. A couple of months later I had a letter they are still investigating and unable to provide an outcome.

Just now (another month or so later) I've had an identical letter. I don't want to phone them up as I want to keep everything in writing but wondering what should I do next? Can they keep delaying indefinitely?

Hi there

Golly they are stalling on this one.......:eek:

I would contact the Financial ombudsman service (FOS), by phone, explain to them what has happened so far, because normally after 8 weeks have passed you have right to move on to the FOS anyway.

The FOS may suggest to complete a complaint form, you can download this from the FOS web-site or if and when you ring to explain, mention about this as well, because they can arrange to post a form through the post.

You don't want to lose out because of their stalling, good luck with this and please keep us posted.;)
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • They've agreed to payup at last! Received a reply today saying they agreed to repay £330ish as they couldn't tell if I was given sufficient information.

:T
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    jaydeeuk1 wrote: »
    They've agreed to payup at last! Received a reply today saying they agreed to repay £330ish as they couldn't tell if I was given sufficient information.

:T

Success at last, Congratulations and well done.XX
    :beer::T:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides