Alliance and Leicester PPI reclaim -contant delaying.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
3 replies 707 views
jaydeeuk1jaydeeuk1
7.7K Posts
Debt-free and Proud!
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
Hi, just wondering what my next step should be.

About 5 months ago, I had a letter from A&L saying that my loan has PPI and should have any questions to ring them or if there is no problem then ignore the letter etc.

I had no idea I had ppi as there is no way I would have chosen to had it added, so I started the reclaiming process imediately.

A couple of weeks later I had an acknowledgement letter. A couple of months later I had a letter they are still investigating and unable to provide an outcome.

Just now (another month or so later) I've had an identical letter. I don't want to phone them up as I want to keep everything in writing but wondering what should I do next? Can they keep delaying indefinitely?

Replies

• di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    jaydeeuk1 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering what my next step should be.

About 5 months ago, I had a letter from A&L saying that my loan has PPI and should have any questions to ring them or if there is no problem then ignore the letter etc.

I had no idea I had ppi as there is no way I would have chosen to had it added, so I started the reclaiming process imediately.

A couple of weeks later I had an acknowledgement letter. A couple of months later I had a letter they are still investigating and unable to provide an outcome.

Just now (another month or so later) I've had an identical letter. I don't want to phone them up as I want to keep everything in writing but wondering what should I do next? Can they keep delaying indefinitely?

Hi there

Golly they are stalling on this one.......:eek:

I would contact the Financial ombudsman service (FOS), by phone, explain to them what has happened so far, because normally after 8 weeks have passed you have right to move on to the FOS anyway.

The FOS may suggest to complete a complaint form, you can download this from the FOS web-site or if and when you ring to explain, mention about this as well, because they can arrange to post a form through the post.

You don't want to lose out because of their stalling, good luck with this and please keep us posted.;)
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • They've agreed to payup at last! Received a reply today saying they agreed to repay £330ish as they couldn't tell if I was given sufficient information.

:T
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    jaydeeuk1 wrote: »
    They've agreed to payup at last! Received a reply today saying they agreed to repay £330ish as they couldn't tell if I was given sufficient information.

:T

Success at last, Congratulations and well done.XX
    :beer::T:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cut overdraft charges

10 tips to pay less for your overdraft + how to pay it off

MSE Guides

FREE tennis coaching

Find your nearest session and pre-book your place online

MSE Deals