We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

ripped off by 3 "three"

Options
joesan
joesan Posts: 114 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I recently got a xmas pack C975
I activated it on wednesday made 2 calls of less then 5 minutes. The next morning tried to make a call and bam bam i had no credit left in my account. I couldnt use any of the services. The xmas pack gives you 50 minutes voice calls and unlimited entertainment content eg sports etc...
So I called up the customer services.... 7 times ....
1st time... sorry the computer is down call back later
2nd time ..... theres nothing wrong with your account
3rd time...... maybe if you turn your phone off for 24 hrs
4 th time ... sorry the server is down
you get the idea......

on the 7th time the guy told me the xmas pack has expired today which i though a load of rubbish since they are still advertising it on radio and clearly states that it expires on 6th jan plus 30 days.

at the end of it they gave me 15 top back... but i wanted to play with the free content who cares about the talk time.... the guy just told me " i have already gone out of my way to give you 15 top up dont be greedy" im like greedy..... its what i purchased not like im asking for more then i deserve...

Well story of the day dont buy a three phone if you want good customer service..... If you do get one hope nothing goes wrong.

lesson learned the hard way... I have emailed head offfice in UK not in India thank god.. see what they say..
Charles J

Comments

• durain
    durain Posts: 298 Forumite
    Options
    can you not return it for a full refund? usually you can within 14 days. then get another one ;D
  • Mark_Ice
    Mark_Ice Posts: 377 Forumite
    Options
    Dam right, return it!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable Christopher Reeve (1953-2004)
  • PTLD
    PTLD Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    my pet subject....

3 are terrible!

may advertise best inclusive packages but not worth the hassle / continuous change of T&C / poor cust service etc...
    something missing
  • matrix999
    matrix999 Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    3 are terrible!!!!

Stay well clear of them
  • joesan
    joesan Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cant return it as its a pay as you go and i have used it etc... so they say....
    They say they were going to top up 15 quid for me its been 24 hours and i have still not got it yet
    Charles J
  • MVC
    MVC Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    Three are unreal.

Not sure why they are still trading.

C.S. is hopeless.

They billed me for stuff months after a contract ended & to my mind was closed.

I challenged it but wasted so much time being fobbed off I paid the disputed bill - I was worried that a £4 debt to them might get me blacklisted.

One month later they sent me a credit in the form of a Giro payment slip for the disputed amount. My bank said Giro slips are normally bills. There is no mechanism to process one as a credit. In fact they'd never seen one with a credit amount on it!

I phoned Three for an explanation of how to recover the money in the credit note.

They said the credit was necessary in order to balance and close the account but I was not entitled to any refund.

As I said I am amazed they are allowed to trade.
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Send them a recorded delivery letter headed "FINAL DEMAND BEFORE ACTION" saying that unless they arrange to collect the phone and offer a full refund (less the cost of calls etc. that you have actually made) within seven days you will sue as the product/service is not of merchantable quality, not as advertised, and not fit for the purpose for which it was sold.

Don't let 'em get away with it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport