Bigger Breadcrumb Trail

Options

Comments

• Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Don't like it - it looks like an afterthought. Change of colour/font/size would be appreciated!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    I actually like the breadcrumb trail as it is now - its much more user friendly especially to visually impaired people such as myself, less eye strain is involved too which is also good for me at least. Now I can see clearly where I am without having to peer into the computer screen.
  • frivolous_fay
    frivolous_fay Posts: 13,302 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Couldn't it run across instead of onto the next line?
    I'd never even noticed that search stuff on the top right, how about shunting it down? Or down and left (where I might have noticed it ;))
    My TV is broken! :cry:
    Edit: refunded £515 for TV 1.5 years out of warranty - thank you Sale of Goods Act! :j
  • Pip26
    Pip26 Posts: 2,368 Forumite
    Options
    Got big font tonight for first time when logged and thought 'Yikes .... Whoa, what's happened?' - wondered what had caused it & how I could rectify it before I saw this thread.

Have to say (& apologies for sounding negative) did not immediately take to it & really wanted to change it back - thought colour and size looked really out of place, however ... may be just because I have got so used to old way.

As a newbie (to forums/sites & p.c. things in general when first came on here) do remember how confusing things were at first (I don't mean just this site/forums but things in general) although I have got the hang of them now...... so maybe these sorts of changes look strange to us because we are not used to them but will make things clearer and easier for newbies and in general.

There is so much on the site that (however much I love it all) it is difficult for people to get to grips with & find their way around (even a forum takes getting used to let alone the whole site). Months later I am still discovering things (yay!) or have not just had the time to explore/find things.

There is such a wealth of stuff that anything that can help guide people through the site/forums would be great. For those who are not used to websites it is mind boggling which could mean they do not find/understand or get the full benefit from all the great stuff on it - ditto News Letters - brilliant & invaluable but everyone is faced with pages of writing which they may not know what to do with/click on/find routes through from etc.

Anyway - can't say how much I have got from the site - sincere thanks for all it has given me. Anything that can help make the site clearer & help people navigate & enjoy the site/forums to the fullest can only be to the good.
  • MadMac_2
    MadMac_2 Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Options
    If you want the title to stand out so much when jumping from an external link, why not just leave it very similar to the rest, but make it a different colour and in bold? That grey you have picked certainly stands out now...
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tixy wrote: »

I don't think its a bad idea though maybe I'd have chosen a smaller version of bigger - something around the font size of the 'This forum isn't moderated'

Agree with this. I do like the bigger font but maybe not that big. Also I think it would look better in blue, the same as the first few words in the trail.
  • Poochface
    Poochface Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I love the larger font, makes it much easier to navigate and hopefully, it will help to stop people posting chat in the codes only cinema thread.
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The bigger the font the better for me, as I have visual problems. Even when I set my text size to largest, often the font on a page doesn't increase anyway.
  • georgina_fenwick
    Options
    I personally cannot see why people have a problem with this.

It's great for those that need the bigger font.

And for all those that don't need it, does it really make a difference to the thread you are reading, surely you would just click the link and scroll down to the posts, same as you always have, same as I do.
  • KingL
    KingL Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    Options
    10_66 wrote: »
    The bigger the font the better for me, as I have visual problems. Even when I set my text size to largest, often the font on a page doesn't increase anyway.

Do you know that in IE8 you can set a level of zoom for the entire window ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure