free sky remote control

Options
if disabled and have sky, go to their website , has offer for free remote control , no postage charge ,have your account number to hand , if first time logging into their website ,they will ask for password as well.,,zee

Comments

• steps40
    steps40 Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Ive searched and searched and I cant find it ? what am i doing wrong ?
  • chelleybelley
    Options
    hi it says that you have to call customer service and ask for one if you have a manual or eyesight problem mmmm wouldnt be so bad, but they have had me on the phone for 50 mins this week even on the 01506 number its still costly!! be warned!
    always send a smile as it costs nothing..

:beer:
  • zee_2
    zee_2 Posts: 566 Forumite
    Options
    when I phoned ,said I was on low income due dissability and could not afford big phone bill ,person was VERY helpfull only took 4 minutes...zee
  • ukchriss
    ukchriss Posts: 741 Forumite
    Options
    Is This offer still open?
    :j

Tell your friends about Freecycle!
    Your Trash could be another persons Treasure!

• freezspirit
    freezspirit Posts: 994 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 July 2009 at 7:00PM
    Options
    yep, I don't think it has an expiry date, for me it was a 2min call, 1 min was going thru auto system and was put on hold why she gave order to her supervisor.

I would mention that when you get thru to the advisor on phone say if you want the one with a strap. Last week when I rang for dad I forgot to say that and got the textured grip one, it came in an A3 size bubble wrap envelope no batteries, mine was rev 8 just incase you have to look up code for it to work your tv too.

The information to have at hand before you ring is your account number, as they will ask for it and they will ask for confirmation of your name name and address.

Got to say dad was a bit disappoint with the remote the buttons are only slightly more raised and a fraction more space between buttons compared to the standard one, on the web the remote it looks alot bigger.
  • ukchriss
    ukchriss Posts: 741 Forumite
    Options
    yep, I don't think it has an expiry date, for me it was a 2min call, 1 min was going thru auto system and was put on hold why she gave order to her supervisor.

I would mention that when you get thru to the advisor on phone say if you want the one with a strap. Last week when I rang for dad I forgot to say that and got the textured grip one, it came in an A3 size bubble wrap envelope no batteries, mine was rev 8 just incase you have to look up code for it to work your tv too.

The information to have at hand before you ring is your account number, as they will ask for it and they will ask for confirmation of your name name and address.

Got to say dad was a bit disappoint with the remote the buttons are only slightly more raised and a fraction more space between buttons compared to the standard one, on the web the remote it looks alot bigger.

Thanks
    Which phone number did you ring?
    :j

Tell your friends about Freecycle!
    Your Trash could be another persons Treasure!

• freezspirit
    freezspirit Posts: 994 Forumite
    Options
    I think I rang this number Sky Accessibility team: 08442 410 333
    if in Rep of Ireland 0818 719 809

Textphone Sky Accessibility team:
    08442 410 535 (UK)
    0818 719 849 (Rep of Ireland)
  • shays_mum
    shays_mum Posts: 1,693 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 August 2009 at 5:36PM
    Options
    Just got thru on:
    0800 0468857 & asked disabilty team 2 min job getting thru, said delivery was 2-5 days.
    There are 2 versions avaliable for the remote (normal & sky + ): 1 with a rough surface to avoid spills & 1 with a loop to put around your wrist.
    Ordered the rough one for my mam, thanks op :)
    HTH :)
    No one said it was gonna be easy!
  • Lady_K
    Lady_K Posts: 4,429 Forumite
    edited 25 August 2009 at 1:53AM
    Options
    Do you think they will still let me have one even though I am just on the freesat? I don't pay any monthly subscription but have my old skybox its not sky+

Are there any pictures of this remote anywhere on the net?
    Thanx

Lady_K
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family