Economy car hire ltd

Options
Need to book a car in Algarve at end of August and this company is coming up with good rates. Anyone here used them?

Comments

• sheslookinhot
    sheslookinhot Posts: 1,985 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    wayne77 wrote: »
    Need to book a car in Algarve at end of August and this company is coming up with good rates. Anyone here used them?

No, but I can't get a cheaper quote than that given by autoeurope. They were cheapest last year as well. My friend booked economy carhire for next week, best he could find.
    Mortgage free
    Vocational freedom has arrived
  • Teahfc
    Teahfc Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    wayne77 wrote: »
    Yes used them 20 plus times for Spain,very professional and have a back up number 24/7 :beer:
    "Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain."

''Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.''
  • alibaba5
    Options
    I used them last month when i was on holiday in Fuerteventura, i ended up getting the car from Avis. The deal i thought i was getting was "Fully inclusive car hire with no insurance excess" so thats why i went with them and paid everything up front. When i went to get the car i was told i would have to pay an extra 5 euros a day to get fully inclusive insurance. I argued with them for a bit but thy wouldn't budge and i couldn't get hold of anyone in the ECH office as it was after 7pm. Since i got back i have emailed them a few times and they fobbed me off without answering my questions.

I would use another company. I have used carjet in Spain before and have never had any problems.
  • lorweld
    lorweld Posts: 5,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    :hello:
  • brodev
    brodev Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    Options
    It gets good reviews at the following http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=101391
    Something Really Interesting
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    alibaba5 wrote: »
    "Fully inclusive car hire with no insurance excess" so thats why i went with them and paid everything up front. When i went to get the car i was told i would have to pay an extra 5 euros a day to get fully inclusive insurance.

Is it the broker providing the insurance excess cover?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Teahfc
    Teahfc Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    richardw wrote: »
    Is it the broker providing the insurance excess cover?

Yes you do pay upfront ! Suits some not others.

Yes you can take out there extra insurance ( Tyres/Screen/Underbody cover etc)

Most if not all hire companies will charge you double the price ECH charge for extra insurance,you still have to leave a €300 CC swipe deposit and if there is a problem you claim off the ECH insurance not the car hire company.
    "Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain."

''Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.''
  • trubble
    trubble Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    We've used economy car hire at least three times now in Portugal, and have a fourth hire booked for this year.
    Cheapest or nearly cheapest, plus it's usually full insurance, only downside has been that collecting one car involved quite a walk (with all luggage wobbling on the trolley) all the way to a car park where we got the keys and did the paperwork out of the back of a van!
    The cars have always been low mileage, nearly new, and in good condition. I'd recommend them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure