Stocks and Shares ISA suggestions !!

Options
Hi there, I have already used my full £3600 cash ISA allowance for this year but am heavily considering using my remaining £3600 allowance on a stocks and shares ISA.

I am aware this is no a risk free option and that despite the economy being in a slump there is no guarantees it wont get worse but it seems to me to be as sensible a time open a long term investment as any other, please correct me if you think this is totally wrong !!

What I would be really interested to hear is your suggestions as to where to invest this money, I had looked specifically at Legal and General so far but they have about 30 different investment options ranging from large British companies to worldwide investments and companies of all sizes!!

Comments

• opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    Options
    If you do go the L&G route, remember Quidco have a £50 cashback option. That said, don't buy L&G just because of the £50!

I like their Fundfinder tool which can actually help answer your question, based on your own assessment of risk exposure.

I would certainly suggest that you see such an investment as a 5 year+ concept.

Others may well post their thoughts on different providers to L&G. I've done well (more by luck than judgement) with tracker funds in the past, but they tend to be less exciting than some of the other options out there.
  • johncolescarr
    Options
    I am such a FOOL!

I have just bought a L&G tracker ISA and didnt use quidco!

you live and learn
    Mortgage £120K, monthly overpayment £600, 18 years and £100K saved
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family