Natwest reply to ppi claim.

Options
We put in a claim to Natwest for mis-sold ppi on our loan from 2006, stating the reason as it being a joint named loan but only my partner named as the person cover was for.

Received a reply dead on 8 weeks to say that Natwest have been unable to uphold our concerns but have offered £750 as a goodwill gesture and will be credited to our account (this account is not open to us anymore) if we sign and send back the slip at the end of letter.

My question is...What do we do now? we are so confused, £750 is alot of money to us right now, but if Natwest are offering this then surely they must be at fault? or are they hoping the FOS will find in their favour and they wont have to pay anything?
:p PinkPunkBird :p

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    edited 19 June 2009 at 7:26PM
    Options
    pink.1970 wrote: »
    We put in a claim to Natwest for mis-sold ppi on our loan from 2006, stating the reason as it being a joint named loan but only my partner named as the person cover was for.

Received a reply dead on 8 weeks to say that Natwest have been unable to uphold our concerns but have offered £750 as a goodwill gesture and will be credited to our account (this account is not open to us anymore) if we sign and send back the slip at the end of letter.

My question is...What do we do now? we are so confused, £750 is alot of money to us right now, but if Natwest are offering this then surely they must be at fault? or are they hoping the FOS will find in their favour and they wont have to pay anything?

Hi there

Its good to have an offer, but to be honest this is a standard basic one.

Personally if that were me I would go for the full whack, plus interest etc, and I bet there is quite a difference in the real amount.

You could try by writing back and ask if they are willing to refund ALL plus interest or at least offer more of a reasonable amount.
    It has been done, although you cannot guarantee they will, but maybe worth a last try.

If they do not do this, you always have the Financial ombudsman service (FOS), if you don't mind waiting of course.
    However, they are moving on a little quicker despite the amount of these complaints they are dealing with.

its entirely up to you hun, but I think many on here would suggest trying for the full lot of PPI.;)

Good luck either way and to know more of the FOS, check this link here:
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • melorablack
    melorablack Posts: 1,114 Forumite
    Options
    I would go after all of it. The company I work for offers full compensation of refund of premiums, interest and 8% or nothing at all so I think these companies that offer "goodwill" gestures just hope you will leave it and they won't have to pay out for the full refund.
  • pink.1970
    pink.1970 Posts: 512 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    Will check out the link and make a decision.
  • di3004
    Options
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    Will check out the link and make a decision.

Good luck with this.

You may have come across in the media about this standard amount of £750 being offered to many, where there is maybe £1,000's to reclaim back, fingers crossed for you, please keep us posted.;)
  • pink.1970
    Options
    Just to update this have posted off second letter asking for more and threatening to go to FOS hope to hear something sooner rather than later.

Also sent request for a loan we paid off early in 2005 haven't had reply yet but did get a copy of the loan agreement for the first case above we think they may have got wires crossed but will wait and see if we get any response.

will keep you all posted.
  • di3004
    Options
    Just to update this have posted off second letter asking for more and threatening to go to FOS hope to hear something sooner rather than later.

Also sent request for a loan we paid off early in 2005 haven't had reply yet but did get a copy of the loan agreement for the first case above we think they may have got wires crossed but will wait and see if we get any response.

will keep you all posted.

Fingers crossed then and keep on at them.
    Good luck.;)
  • pink.1970
    Options
    Hi all,

Asking for advice again

Posted second letter to Natwest on 28th July and have not heard anything back yet...should we contact them again or do you think its a bit premature?

We are moving in 4 weeks and could really do with getting this sorted before if possible.
    Thanks
  • di3004
    Options
    Hi all,

Asking for advice again

Posted second letter to Natwest on 28th July and have not heard anything back yet...should we contact them again or do you think its a bit premature?

We are moving in 4 weeks and could really do with getting this sorted before if possible.
    Thanks

Hi there,
    Did you post by recorded delivery?

If so do you know when it reached them?

There is no harm in ringing to check otherwise, and ask them if they are dealing with it and if you should hear from them soon.;)
    Good luck X
  • pink.1970
    Options
    Hi Di,
    Sorry i'm so long replying. Things a bit hectic here, didnt know we were going to be moving until Monday.

No I forgot to send it recorded do you think it will matter?
  • di3004
    Options
    Hi Di,
    Sorry i'm so long replying. Things a bit hectic here, didnt know we were going to be moving until Monday.

No I forgot to send it recorded do you think it will matter?

Hi hun,not a problem.

If you have not posted by recorded post, then give them a quick ring just to make sure it have been received, due to the timescales they have, in case they deny receiving it, if they say no, if you have a copy of the letter you sent them, post it off to them by recorded post, and you can check on the Royal Mail Tracking section of the site, this way you will know when they received this.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport