We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

first:utility

Options
lynn2
lynn2 Posts: 307 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Is anyone here with first:utility?

Is so, can you give some feedback please :D

Comments

• penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    Options
    No, they seem to be around 10% dearer than the cheapest internet tariffs, and you are locked in for 2years or pay a £100 exit fee.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • lynn2
    lynn2 Posts: 307 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that x
  • Plushchris
    Plushchris Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    penrhyn wrote: »
    No, they seem to be around 10% dearer than the cheapest internet tariffs, and you are locked in for 2years or pay a £100 exit fee.

That does of course depend on area and usage, when I did a comparison for my mum they were second in the list.

OP I would check a comparison site with your Kwh usage if you are considering them.
    Missing Tesco R&R since Feb '07 :A & now a "Tesco veteran" apparently! ;)
  • 1carminestocky
    1carminestocky Posts: 5,256 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Plushchris wrote: »
    That does of course depend on area and usage, when I did a comparison for my mum they were second in the list.

OP I would check a comparison site with your Kwh usage if you are considering them.

There was a time not long ago when their prices were seemingly up and down more times than a bride's nightie, TBH. One day they seemed to be nowhere on energyhelpline, next they were in the top 5 for me. They are now back out of the Top 10 and have been for a while.
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 237K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family