Water Water every where

Options
Hello all,

I have just been through all my debts and found that I am in more of a pickle than i thiught. So I am now looking at all my out goings to see where I can save money to try and start to pay off my debts.

One thing I have come across is that I am paying £41 per month for water :eek:. this seems a little on the high side. Can any one tell me if this is normall for two people in a 2 bed house.

Cheers

MN

Comments

• Headsabovewater
    Options
    It all depends on if you have a meter or not and if not how long is your payment plan set over.
    Helping people lower there water usage and water bills

Type Headsabovewater into you search engin for more help.
  • Dharri5
    Dharri5 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    £40+ seems really high if you are just using normal water consumption,

How old is your property? If it is reasonably new the chances are you are on a meter, if this is the case you really need to contact your Water company and ask what payment plan your on, how much your last bill was etc? If you have just moved in they may be estimating!

If its a relatively old property it could be based on Rateable Value, in which case I would contact your Water company (and landlord if you are renting) and ask for a meter to be fitted, chances are you will see a reduction in your bills.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure