🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Bridezillas plan to rule her debts!

Options

Comments

• bridezilla_2
    bridezilla_2 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    NEWS FLASH / CONFESSIONS

Just changed our mobiles to PAYG....lets see if that £50 less a month each helps things along.....???

Ebay sales are now over £200...and rising

Got £55 for the two old mobile phones

Had to fork out £140 to get my wedding dress back from dry cleaners...it has been there nearly a year. Going to sell it...any one want a wedding dress?

I DID NOT BUY a tampoline..i managed to walk away (did go back to the shop this morning but it had gone)

Thats it

love mandy x
    Day one 11th June 2009

Debenhams card £134 :o
    Alliance & Leicester card £151 :o
    Natwest card £2652
    :eek:

HSBC card £9500 :eek:
  • bridezilla_2
    Options
    The prince of darkness and i are chugging along wonderfully...we are on track to be in the black at the end of the month (our first goal) by the end of august.

BUT.....

conversation #1 between mother and daughter

"mum i need £400 by the end of the week"
    "what for?"
    "rent"
    "why you telling me?"
    "dunno"

conversation #2 between said mother and her new husband

" XX needs £400 by the end of the week"
    "what for?"
    "rent"
    "why you telling me?"
    "dunno"
    "hmmm...leave me with it"

converation #3 between stepfather and daughter

" i will send you a cheque payable to the landlord"
    "thanks pops you are the best"
    "ok now?"
    "i need £400 for next month"
    "what for?"
    "rent"

converation#4 between the mother and her own father

" XX needs £400 for august"
    "what for?"
    "rent"
    "good grief...will a cheque do?"

she is 21 years old and at uni in london...she has to work (for nothing) all summer to get experience...

what could i do?

love mandy x
    Day one 11th June 2009

Natwest card £2652

• bridezilla_2
    Options
    Our plan of being in the black by now has taken a bit of a bashing. I think in the real world it will be more like october. But i think its better to be slower and stronger and make sure the "back in black" situation is permanent.

We are decorating the kitchen and dining room...kitchen needs replacing but we have put on new lining paper and are planning to re-vamp the cupboards with paint and new handles. Dining room needs re-lining and the woodblock floor needs to be sanded and re sealed.....i have been in this house for 14 years and it has only been done twice....it doesnt matter how many times i clean it, the floor looks grotty. I think my shabby chic look is looking down right shabby!

We are a handy pair and The Prince of Darkness is excellent at making stuff out of....stuff...so there will be minimal out lay. But an out lay is still an out lay..

Looking forward to seeing Economy Gastronomy tonight. I have high hopes for it and i hope it is relevent to real life (not like that bloody Kirsties hand made house!!!! aagggghhhh awful simpering woman). I got a £10 book voucher for my birthday so i am waiting for the book to come out.

Talking about birthdays....mine was lovely. It was also the Dark Lords and my 1st wedding anniversary. We got married last year on my 40th birthday....even then i was thinking about saving on two parties! We spent the day together doing romantic stuff....he bought me a new kitchen light from Wilkinsons and took me to B&Q (twice)....

who said romance was dead?:happylove

love mandy x:smileyhea
    Day one 11th June 2009

Natwest card £2652

• bridezilla_2
    Options
    Hmmmm, i waited for inspiration and was appalled by the amount of money the episodes family spent on what i could see was rubbish. £220 is a months budget for my little family of myself, the Dark Lord and our 17 year old monster.
    The little lad kicked up a stink when given "real food". What did they expect? A child fed on convenience food all its life is suddenly given strange food....i dont blame him getting all upset. The parents are to blame here...if there is any blame.
    I know the mother works...part time...school hours and has three children.
    I worked as a consultant nurse....full time...funny shifts and i had two children...one with multiple special needs..but i still managed to feed my kids great food..i just got on with it! Maybe things are different now...i do feel like an old fashioned mother...but preparing and cooking from scratch food has always been part of parenting....love and care given to my children through food. Now they are older they both love food and are happy to try anything. My eldest is at uni and shops on line with tesco, i pay for her food, and she buys basic building blocks of ingredients. Last shop included flour and yeast to make pizza bases. Youngest has learning disabilities and medical problems but sit her infont of spinach, goats cheese, sun dried tomatoes and artichokes and she is a happy bunny.
    I agreed with the advice about meal planning, but i was disappointed with the meals themselves. I would never give my kids processed sausages and to boil up a lot of mince and use through out the week was a bit iffy also. Not everyone is fastidious about storage and hygiene...i could see some jippy tums ahead. When i plan my weeks meals i alternate meat and veggie days and the meat days are also rotated...fish, beef and chicken. We also have a floating "doofer" day where we do for ourselves (dark lord is a HGV driver and sometimes is working late) this encourages youngest to cook a simple meal for herself (usually scrambled eggs on toast with a side order of ketchup)
    I will watch next week with interest...i would like to see how much per head the meals cost...this is always a factor for me. I have a feeling this series is going to be like other "helpful" programmes....eg You Are What You Eat and How Clean Is Your House?....i watch them and am appalled by the situation people get into but i am also sitting there smug as hell not learning anything!

Sorry for the rant,,,,i know no one reads this so its ok.

Love mandy xx
    Day one 11th June 2009

Natwest card £2652

• Glittermonkey
    Options
    I'm reading your diary!

I've not seen the programme you're talking about, will have to look out for it next week.

I started a diary ages ago, but lost track and done some mindless spending but am reading today to try and get my motivation back.

Good luck with getting debt free.
    Lightbulb moment Dec 2005 - debt £23700

June 2010 - £17984.21
  • bridezilla_2
    Options
    I'm reading your diary!.

thank you glittermonkey....i knew folks had gander at my rantings but it feels like i am talking to myself when i dont get any responses......again thankyou xxxxxxxx
    Day one 11th June 2009

Natwest card £2652

• Lurker1972
    Lurker1972 Posts: 779 Forumite
    Options
    I'm reading too, but haven't watched that program yet, tis still on my sky plus.......the thread over on oldstyle almost had me in tears...

I think you are doing really well, won't be long before you are attacking the elephant (so to speak)
    I do not make mistakes, I learn lessons.
    I work to live, not live to work.
    I love to live & live to love.
    Good enough is exactly that.
  • maz1964
    maz1964 Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hiya Mandy

i read your rants,,,,lol,,,,,,and i will get myself sorted to do my own ranting diary - thank you for your inspiration and i mean that in a nice way:beer:

anyway fab work you have done so far and my other half also nightshift hgv and so i can relate with you on that too

i saw the programme too and i was gobsmacked in parts too,,,wow i think im with you on a lot of the points you raised

i cook a lot of italian and english foods and i do a lot from scratch mostly its the way i was brought up and we love cooking both me and hubby and dd so its kind of second nature to us

of course we do have convenience foods sometimes but as a treat and when planning has gone out of the window,,,oops

but not in the extent that family did,,

anyway keep on ranting lol,,, i m subbed to you and keep on trucking

have a good rest of the month, once back from hols will get my myself sorted and will write my diary too and keep it up i promise

have a fun weekend to all cheers maz
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 1525

"Knowledge is the Power to get Debt Free":j

Truecall device, stops all the unneccesary phone calls - my sanity has been restored and the peace in the house is truely priceless!:rotfl:
  • bridezilla_2
    Options
    hey maz....glad you are still reading my waffle. Let me know when you start your diary....i have found it rather cathartic...better than moaning at the Dark Lord!
    Have a great holiday....somewhere nice? and cheap? hahahahahahahah!

mandy x
    Day one 11th June 2009

Natwest card £2652

• maz1964
    maz1964 Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hiya mandy

just seen your reply and thank you i will certainly do that, off to see family in italy, hubby and dd already there i couldnt get the full month off

got family wedding too and so looking forward to a bit of sun and also a time for reflection on how i will tackle all my worries and maybe get a plan into motion

also having time away from home sometimes gives you time to look at stuff in a clearer way well thats what im hoping, but i will hope to have some fun too dont worry lol

still here for a few more days so will keep checking in

keep positive cheers maz
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 1525

"Knowledge is the Power to get Debt Free":j

Truecall device, stops all the unneccesary phone calls - my sanity has been restored and the peace in the house is truely priceless!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport