Bridezillas plan to rule her debts!

Options

Comments

• chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kissjenn wrote: »
    Just popped in the wish you the best of luck. It's a scarey moment when you first add it all up...so congratulations on the first step.

And the old style board is amazing...they can make a chicken last forever.

1992_animado.gif

I don't have anything constructive to add but just to say welcome. Oh and this chicken is fab and made me smile at the end of a long day
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • ragstoricheswannabe
    Options
    Hi, just wanted to say good luck with ruling your debts!!!!

My fella too is a lorry driver and before we started to tackle our budget he was spending near £100 a month in services and garages on coffee and rubbish so know where you are coming from on that front!!!!! Hope you have better luck than me trying to reign it in.............................i keep banging my head against a brick wall.

so what have you got down for your meal plan?? (like to see what others are having to get some inspiration) I have managed to control my spends (in a fashion) with meal planning and making (and sticking to it!!) a shopping list. I also shop at aldi and then top up on ds2's baby milk etc in morrisons or asda.

i too, second the visit to the old style borad, what they cant do over there is not worth doing!!
    December 2018: £20,850.24. Now: £18,333.02 Total paid in 2019: £2517.22

Weight loss: 1.5lbs
  • bridezilla_2
    Options
    ........sorting out stuff in the loft for car booting.

And you mucky minded folk thought it was something else!

Reallised there is money in them there rafters.....my collection of 1890s Doulton being part of it :T

Confessed to my sister the depths of our debt.....she didnt even blink. Her friend has 11 credit cards and owes £45,000 on them alone...not counting any other stuff._pale_ This made me cry....dont know why. Just emotional.
    Day one 11th June 2009

Debenhams card £134 :o
    Alliance & Leicester card £151 :o
    Natwest card £2652
    :eek:

HSBC card £9500 :eek:
  • SueP19
    SueP19 Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, just wanted to say good luck with ruling your debts!!!!

My fella too is a lorry driver and before we started to tackle our budget he was spending near £100 a month in services and garages on coffee and rubbish so know where you are coming from on that front!!!!! Hope you have better luck than me trying to reign it in.............................i keep banging my head against a brick wall.

so what have you got down for your meal plan?? (like to see what others are having to get some inspiration) I have managed to control my spends (in a fashion) with meal planning and making (and sticking to it!!) a shopping list. I also shop at aldi and then top up on ds2's baby milk etc in morrisons or asda.

i too, second the visit to the old style borad, what they cant do over there is not worth doing!!

My OH is a HGV'r as well, tip.............remove all cash/cards etc from wallet, send him with sandwiches and a flask (you can get metal flasks, they last for years, no broken bits) If he is says he will be embarrassed then tell him to tell his buddies that the "ole woman" has got one on her, after a week his friend will stop noticing he is no longer frequenting those road side establishments :T
    Welcome to the diary board Bridezilla ;)
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • webitha
    webitha Posts: 4,799 Forumite
    Options
    my fella is also a hgv driver, and as he is away for days att a time, he keeps a camping stove, a pot and a pan, etc in his waggon and he does a shop for brew stuff, food etc, for £40 a month, hw wont now pay for service station
    If we can put a man on the moon...how come we cant put them all there?

• The_Golden_Goose
    Options
    Welcome Bridey!

You have made a fine start, keep it up!
    ** Proud to be dealing with my debts **
    LBM - Jan 2009 _pale_ : £24,802.21 :eek:
    February 2010 :silenced: : £18,078.47 (not including OD)
    July 2010 :( = £16,819.34 (not including OD)
    January 2012 :mad: = £14,338.75 (not including OD)
  • bridezilla_2
    bridezilla_2 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    So...we start a new month.

The prince of darkness and i have only been on this since the 11th june so we havent done a whole month...but already we are seeing a difference.

I made a plan for the month estimating how much we would need to keep going and put it on the fridge with THE RULES!
    I looked at my predictions and we have underspent considerably. Saying that we only started this over a week into the month, POD and i have managed to scrape back over £500.:j This has not put us in the black at the end of the month but if we continue we will his phase one (in the black at end of month) by august!!! yeaaaahhh.:j

Also i have been a busy bee,

I am not working at the moment and am starting my own childminding business...this means i have to fork out to get my registration etc. Because i have no money i decided to make some so this last week we have ebayed, sold mobile phones to those buy back companies, sold my almost new counselling books (yes i am a trained counsellor but i nearly had a nervous breakdown finishing my degree!) to ABE books (look them up-they pay fo the postage too) and a carboot sale.

We have made

£130 profit from the car boot
    £120 ebay
    £50 from the books
    £55 from the phones

A grand total of £355 so far!!!!!!!!:money:

This will cover set up costs and pay for some toys too.

Will keep you posted xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Day one 11th June 2009

Natwest card £2652

• longhotbath
    longhotbath Posts: 708 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Bridezilla,
    Good luck with your moneysaving and this thread - and with the childminding.
    With the set up costs for the childminding, dont forget to go to your local NCT sales for toys and equipment - you dont have to be a member to buy or sell at them, and the condition is usually excellent - google them for your local one.

Also, your local childrens centre probably has a toy library that you can join - even if its just to try toys out before you buy them.

Are there any grants that you can get in your county to help with the startup costs and any courses that you need to go on?
  • bridezilla_2
    bridezilla_2 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Done all the courses...the biggest pay out will be the CRB checks (4 of us in this house) and the docs medical form. I get a grant but as we are a child free zone at the moment i need to get some changes done round the house and the garden. I have a friend who is willing to sell me (mates rates) loads of toys but i want to pay her.....but will get receipt for the tax man.

its all go chez bridezilla!
    Day one 11th June 2009

Natwest card £2652

• maz1964
    maz1964 Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hiya bridezilla

fab work so far, and you too have inspired me now to start my own diary, i like your format so will knuckle down and get on with it now many thanks

yes its quite sad lots of people are out there that i know who are really in a lot of debt yet we consider our own so bad,,,,

nice ideas that others have put too so thanks to all cheers maz

have subscribed to this thread so will pop in and see how you are getting on and im sure will pick up lots of ideas as we travel along our own mad journeys
    :T
    good luck to all and keep happy
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 1525

"Knowledge is the Power to get Debt Free":j

Truecall device, stops all the unneccesary phone calls - my sanity has been restored and the peace in the house is truely priceless!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure