We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Removing Suncream stains

12346»

Comments

  • c-m
    c-m Posts: 771
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    This thread was started a ten years ago, last response a year ago yet people still have the same problems.

    No-one here has yet noted that the yellow, orange stains from sunscreen are rust. I get it bad living in a marine environment. A rust remover might work, but really any white clothes, bedsheets etc.. are toast once you get sunscreen on them.

    P20 is one of the worst offenders and is a chemical sunscreen from what I can see.

    Nivea, claims to be kind to clothes, but I still get stains from that.
  • Sayschezza
    Sayschezza Posts: 744
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I've just got sun cream stains out of my grandaughters white cotton dress by soaking it in a bowl full of diluted bleach. Don't be tempted to pour neat bleach on the stain though as this will turn it yellow. I've soaked it for about 4 hours now and the stains have almost gone. I think with a bio wash it should be fine.

    Hope this will be useful for someone else.


    I have just fallen into this trap. Any ideas how to get rid of the yellow please.
    All that clutter used to be money
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.