Operating a Natwest eISA

Options
Natwest in their T&Cs tell you how you can't pay money in to your eISA i.e. directly pay in your pay, direct debit etc. But don't tell you how you can pay money in. Does anyone know how you can pay money in to one of these?

Comments

• harriko
    harriko Posts: 121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    in my experience its only by telephone
  • hstudent
    hstudent Posts: 599 Forumite
    Options
    harriko wrote: »
    in my experience its only by telephone

Doesn't that kinda defeat the point of it being an internet account if you have to phone a call centre?
  • worto03
    worto03 Posts: 457 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just paid £100 into mine using HSBC's internet banking - just as you would transfer any other money around.

make payment - sort code & account number & amount is all you I needed.
  • hstudent
    Options
    worto03 wrote: »
    I've just paid £100 into mine using HSBC's internet banking - just as you would transfer any other money around.

make payment - sort code & account number & amount is all you I needed.

That sounds much better. Is the other poster getting mixed up with withdrawls or something?
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,941 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I haven't actually tried it myself, but if you weren't already a NatWest customer didn't you have to open a current account and register for online banking ?

Presumably this was so you could use the online 'transfer' facility to move money from your current account to (and from) your ISA. Certainly now when I transfer funds to and from my e-savings account to my current account, my Isa account also comes up as an alternative option on the drop down menus.
  • hstudent
    Options
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    I haven't actually tried it myself, but if you weren't already a NatWest customer didn't you have to open a current account and register for online banking ?

Presumably this was so you could use the online 'transfer' facility to move money from your current account to (and from) your ISA. Certainly now when I transfer funds to and from my e-savings account to my current account, my Isa account also comes up as an alternative option on the drop down menus.

No, you have to have an instant access current or savings account to open a Natwest eISA. If your current account is with another bank then you don't really want to have to transfer twice for the money to reach your eISA.
  • IsaCream_Man
    IsaCream_Man Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    hstudent wrote: »
    Natwest in their T&Cs tell you how you can't pay money in to your eISA i.e. directly pay in your pay, direct debit etc. But don't tell you how you can pay money in. Does anyone know how you can pay money in to one of these?
    I confirm that you can pay in new money to your e-ISA via the bill payment process from your own current account on-line, even if that's with another bank. You can also pay in to your e-Savings account at NatWest if you've opened one of these as required when you opened your e-ISA.

You're supposed to be able to do it the other way as well (i.e. from NatWest to your current account if held at another bank) but I haven't found out how to do this yet. The transfer box on the left hand side of the window when you're looking at one of your NatWest accounts only seems to allow you to transfer between the e-ISA and the e-Savings, or vice versa.
  • hstudent
    Options
    You're supposed to be able to do it the other way as well (i.e. from NatWest to your current account if held at another bank) but I haven't found out how to do this yet. The transfer box on the left hand side of the window when you're looking at one of your NatWest accounts only seems to allow you to transfer between the e-ISA and the e-Savings, or vice versa.

Can you add yourself and your current account as a Payee then make a transfer?
  • IsaCream_Man
    IsaCream_Man Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    hstudent wrote: »
    Can you add yourself and your current account as a Payee then make a transfer?
    I think so, but it would seem that this requires the Card-Reader to do it. I don't intend to move money out of the e-ISA, but moving it out of the e-Savings would appeal to me if I found that Faster Payments were being used as they are when I move money into the e-Savings account from my current account at another bank.
  • hstudent
    Options
    Actually thinking about it that won't work. You'd need a card for your e-Savings or e-ISA to put in to the card reader.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure