We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Query: FairFX Charge

Options
Hi Guys!

I have just opened up a new FairFX USD card for my trip to the US toward the end of June. There is just one thing I am unsure of:

I opened the card with the Money Supermarket offer and so did not get charged the £9.95 activation fee :D I decided to load up the card with £300 initially, which gave me a fantastic exchange rate but I was charged £303.32. What is the £3.32 charge for?

Its no problem, as it still works out a lot cheaper than using my debit card! I just like to know exactly what I am paying for :T

Thanks!

Daniel

Comments

• M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    the card will have been loaded up to the nearest $20, so it'll never be bang on £300
  • burns863
    burns863 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Makes sense :)

I've noticed in the FAQ that if you were to lose the card or it was to be stolen, then it effectively like loosing cash. There is no way to redeem the money. I'm wondering... would travel insurance cover things such as the loss of a prepaid card?
  • StevieTravel
    StevieTravel Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    what i do is just have 2 cards, someone at fairfx told me that they can transfer the balance from one card to another if you lose it

and im sure you can cancel it and get a refund, but i might be wrong there.
    Modern travel: breakfast in Paris, dinner in Rome, bags in Singapore
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family