Baggage drop off point ???

Has anyone used a Ryanair baggage drop off point ?? What do you actually do ?? do you label before you get there ??? :confused:
Normally do only hand luggage.

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 June 2009 at 10:24AM
    It is a check-in desk without checking in, but with queues.
    You queue and wait and then show your passport and boarding card when it is your turn, put your bag on the scales and if your bag doesn't comply they charge you, they then label your bag and away it goes, they give you your passport and boarding card and you go to security and queue.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Has anyone used a Ryanair baggage drop off point ?? What do you actually do ?? do you label before you get there ??? :confused:
    Normally do only hand luggage.

This lady did - or at least she tried to::rolleyes:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1714983
  • nico26
    nico26 Posts: 823 Forumite
    Just get there in plenty of time. Keep to the 2 hr before departure timetable.
  • JSF
    JSF Posts: 188 Forumite
    Just back from Salou. I was there at 0800 for a 1015 flight to Liverpool.

There were 3 checkin desks at 0800 all closed, from what I recall

1. Liverpool departure 1015
    2 London Stansted departure 1025
    3. Dublin departure 1125

At 0815 they opened the Liverpool desk and refused to take the online boarding cards as it was a normal checkin desk. They then opened a bag drop desk at 0825 and directed ALL depatures to the one bag drop desk, despite the fact that the liverpool departure was at 1015 The liverpool desk was furthest from the bag drop with the result that the Liverpool flight ended at the back of the queue despite having been there well in advance of the 2hrs before. They then allowed Dublin and London passengers to bag drop before their 2hrs before departure time. Fortunately I managed to get to the gate on time. I think people got on the flight (it was held up for 5-10mins), however people who paid for priority boarding may have only just made it (and not been first on board) or even had chance to have a drink or do shopping.

First time I flown Ryanair, while the flight was fine however having a dozen waiting in 3 queues to check in normally with over 100 in one to bag drop seems crazy. 10kg hand luggage is not always an option and I was under 15kg, while amusing to see others having to move items between cases I really dont think its worth having to stand in a queue for over an hour to just drop a bag.
    :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport