🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Marbles unbelievable interest rates!! help please

Options
Hello,

I am having a problem with my Marbles credit card (balance 800.00). Marbles used to be a good card to have, only recently its been taken over and they keep putting the rates up to something ridiculous - currently 34% and due go up even further! Its astonishing. From what I have read online its all due to the takeover etc, but from what I can see from my new replacement card they are now owned by HBOS- so I cannot see whay they are increasing there rates to such huge levels. I have cards with Halifax already at much lower rates. Im totally fed up with Marbles and so to assist me by husband is trying to do a balance transfer from his capital one card to clear my marbles card- but for some reason that wont work. Something to do with marbles high interest rates capital one have said..not sure I understand how this effects a transfer? Anyone any idea? My husband is now going to try with his Barclays card tommorow and see if that works.

I am getting worried as the interest rate is crazy and I just want to get rid of the card. Anyone else with any similar experiences with Marbles?

Thanks Laura x

Comments

• Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is it possible to cancel your card? I think this would stop you being able to spend on it but it would freeze the interest rate?

I will have to do this with my Virgin card soon as it's 34.9% but it comes in handy for emergency purchases and I can't get another card :(
  • Laumandu
    Laumandu Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, Thanks for the reply - apparently you have to do so by today, or the interest increases - as I had tried to do the balance transf I haven't informed them. Its probably too late at this time now so Im keeping my fingers crossed it can be done on the barclays card :-(
  • mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    Options
    My marbles is 14.94%
  • Laumandu
    Laumandu Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    mikey72 wrote: »
    My marbles is 14.94%

If you look online alot of customers have had card rates put up for marbles for some reason its a certain percentage of the card holders. It cant have anything to do with my credit rating as according to experian its excellent and Ive never had even a late payment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport