🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Missing Faster Payment from HSBC to Lloyds

Options
2»

Comments

• withnell
    withnell Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    Options
    mrposhman wrote: »
    I had a similar thing between A+L and Natwest. I made a payment on Friday and it only arrived today, it normally takes a much shorter time than that.

Maybe there was an overall problem with all banks faster payment systems this weekend?

How much was the payment for? If over £250 it may have just gone by BACS...
  • mrposhman
    mrposhman Posts: 749 Forumite
    Options
    withnell wrote: »
    How much was the payment for? If over £250 it may have just gone by BACS...

Just over £250 so could have been, but I also transferred an amount back (I miscalculated) and this also took the same amount of time so maybe something went wrong between Natwest and A&L. It doesn't matter now as the cash is in the accounts now.
  • trynsave
    trynsave Posts: 812 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know I am a bit over cautious, but I always send a £1 payment before I send the amt I actually want to, to make sure that the system is up and running.

I know that this wouldn't apply if sending money to an a third party a/c, but between my own I like to ensure that the £1 has arrived first of all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport