Funding for a new Company

Options
Hi All,

Advanced apologies if this isn't the right area for this thread.

I'm starting a new web-based publishing company and have been building the online service in my spare time for about 2 years now. it's about ready to be made public and i have a clear and definitive way i hope to monetise it. However, like all things, making money takes time and i am under no illusions that it's a 'get rich quick' business.

I do though however hope and see it will be very successful. But i am desperate for funding!

Does anyone here have any advice on things like grants/loans/venture capital/schemes that may help a new web-based start-up? I recently went to the business start-up convention at EdExcel but that didn't really answer these questions.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• theGrinch
    theGrinch Posts: 3,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    maybe try your local business link for the right areas to be focusing effort.
    "enough is a feast"...old Buddist proverb
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I suggest asking your question on the small buisness forum:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.html?f=27
  • isofa
    isofa Posts: 6,091 Forumite
    Options
    Unless it's got huge potential and a good exit strategy for investors, I doubt a VC will be interested... VC also want to pump in large sums initially, and may end up with a high share or even controlling share...

How much funding are you looking for 20, 50, 75K 100 to 250K or higher, these answers will lead you to the best route of funding, and whether VC is worth it.

But then I don't know the details of your company, but it's right in my sector :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure