New top-pick cash ISA revealed

This thread is to discuss the following news story:

Replies

• glider3560glider3560 Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did the National Counties ISA both this year and last. I've been very, very impressed with the service. They are contactable online, by phone and post. Responses are always prompt (dealt with immediately) and the staff very helpful.
  • csloggcslogg Forumite
    340 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Is the 1% bonus on the Barclays ISA dropped just for new starters or everyone.I took out one about 3 months ago.Should I look to transfer out?

Thanks
    cslogg
  • Former_MSE_WendyFormer_MSE_Wendy Former MSE
    929 Posts
    I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! PPI Party Pooper Best Buy Bear
    ✭✭✭
    cslogg - Barclays has told us:

"Existing customers who have purchased our Golden ISA from 9 March to 31 May 2009 will continue to receive a market leading interest rate of 3.61% AER including the 1% bonus which is paid for 12 months from the date the account is opened."
    *** Get the Martin's Money Tips Free E-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips ***
  • beniaminobeniamino Forumite
    54 Posts
    Looks like your "Top One Year Fixed Rate" needs to be updated too, as the FirstDirect e-ISA has dropped to 2% :-(
  • oxenrydoxenryd Forumite
    478 Posts
    MSE_Wendy wrote: »
    cslogg - Barclays has told us:

"Existing customers who have purchased our Golden ISA from 9 March to 31 May 2009 will continue to receive a market leading interest rate of 3.61% AER including the 1% bonus which is paid for 12 months from the date the account is opened."

Oh god, it;s gonna be one of those where you phone Barclays and they say "No the rate has dropped for EVERYONE" then MSE will say "No, it's been confimed"
    Originally Posted by Dr Cuckoo3
    Your bank and bank card does say something about the kind of person you are: Big 4 banks=sheep;),Santander=someone who doesnt mind incompetence:p,COOP=Ethical views,a campaigner:cool:,First Direct/Coventry=someone who thinks they are better than others:o,NI Bank card when living on the mainland=Aspergers :D
  • iblametheparentsiblametheparents Forumite
    629 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    oxenryd wrote: »
    Oh god, it;s gonna be one of those where you phone Barclays and they say "No the rate has dropped for EVERYONE" then MSE will say "No, it's been confimed"

I don't think it will ;)
  • claire07claire07 Forumite
    626 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    As I posted on another thread I opened the ISA yesterday after checking the rate was still 3.61 on their webpage then I read on here they had dropped it later in the day but they are now saying I will only get the lower amount. I've complained that they should have altered their webpage and am waiting to hear.
  • BaldurBaldur Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    claire07 wrote: »
    As I posted on another thread I opened the ISA yesterday after checking the rate was still 3.61 on their webpage then I read on here they had dropped it later in the day but they are now saying I will only get the lower amount. I've complained that they should have altered their webpage and am waiting to hear.
    If you are unsuccessful, you have 14 days to cancel the Golden ISA and look elsewhere - see my post #332 in this thread.
  • claire07claire07 Forumite
    626 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    That's great news - thanks for pointing me to that. It seems to say I could just close it without losing the taxfree benefit rather than having to transfer it which could take a while.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Stoozing, sublets & summer sips

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE News

Martin Lewis quizzes Rishi Sunak

Watch the cost of living support Q&A here

Join the MSE Forum discussion

48 craft beers for £50 delivered

One-off bundle for newbies. Excludes Northern Ireland

MSE Deals