Madasafish- Wireless broadband

Options
Have just signed up and received the free modem from madasafish and am now just waiting for the migration date.
I know that Madasafish can't offer technical support on other products but have any money-saving madasafish broadband customers been able to use a Netgear wireless modem router DG834PN? if so is it easy to configure?

Comments

• roses
    roses Posts: 2,330 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There are some instructions for the earlier Netgear here along with print screen images of all the steps, it won't have changed that much. It's quite easy with the step by step picture instructions:

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware/reviews/2004/q3/netgear-dg834g.asp
  • sloughflint
    sloughflint Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Options
    roses wrote:
    There are some instructions for the earlier Netgear here along with print screen images of all the steps, it won't have changed that much. It's quite easy with the step by step picture instructions:

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware/reviews/2004/q3/netgear-dg834g.asp
    Thanks for this. Just to clarify....Are you with Madasafish? I know the Netgear works with my current ISP (TT :mad: ) but wasn't sure if also compatible with MAAF. Can't wait to get going.
  • roses
    roses Posts: 2,330 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not yet but will be later this week as I put in my migration request last week ;)
  • banksie_2
    Options
    Did you manage to get your DG834PN working with MAAF yet?, ive been waiting 2 weeks for my DSL sync light to come on. Been on to tech support twice a day but still no result. MAAF claim a BT problem but ive never come accros anything like this before to take so long
  • sloughflint
    sloughflint Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Options
    hi banksie.
    Yes it works fine with the DG834PN, I'm afraid. Are you able to access BB with the free modem maaf provided?
  • Hi Banksie,

I work for Madasafish - could you please PM me your Madasafish username and I'll investigate what's going on.

If it is a BT fault there can be a bit of 'back and forth' between us and BT to get it corrected, but I'd like to have a glance over the notes on your account to ensure that everything is on track.

Kind regards,
    Samara
    Madasafish Customer Care
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills