PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What Snack/small meal are you into at the moment?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Jordii
    Jordii Posts: 440 Forumite
    Options
    Im really loving them snack pots you can buy from the supermarket. The cheese and ham pasta one from morrisons is lush!
    :o Young moneysaver in the making
    A penny saved, is a penny earned :D
  • RainForest_2
    RainForest_2 Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    babs2008 wrote: »
    I'd never even thought of using cous cous for a sweet meal/snack. I can't imagine it, so I will just have to try.

Well, it is pretty much neutral in taste, so goes well both sweet and savoury.

Obviously in some countries, it is traditionally used in making desserts. What you can do is use fruit juice instead of water, for exotic flavour can add some rose water. Also good idea to add a bit of butter ( both in sweet and savoury cous cous dish). Bit of sugar, cinnamon, nuts and even berries ( I buy Tesco frozen berries). There are lots and lots of variants. It is inexpensive and fun to experiment with. :j:j:j
  • louisewh123
    louisewh123 Posts: 207 Forumite
    Options
    i am loving cup a soups at the mo as very busy and so easy to make plus filling!!
    [STRIKE]Debt 01.01.2010 = £70,000[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Debt 01.02.2011 = £53,495 [/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Debt 05.05.2011 = £51,959 [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Debt 01/08/2011 = £49,425 [/STRIKE]Debt 05/09/2011 = £45,610 :j
  • Need_a_break
    Need_a_break Posts: 850 Forumite
    Options
    I am making pizzas from left over nan breads in the freezer. Defrost nan bread . In a blender add can of plum toms, tom puree tbsp, garlic puree tbsp, oregano, salt and pepper blitz and spread on nan. Add toppings of your chice and loads of cheese. I didnt know if it would taste ok, but kids and their friends plus dh loved em, result. Great way to use up leftovers, so money saving too. HTH
    You laugh because I'm different......I laugh cause I just farted!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. (A.C)
  • Lucyxx
    Lucyxx Posts: 3,147 Forumite
    Options
    I love garlic mushroom cous cous.

Chop the mushrooms & crushed garlic in a little butter (or just add a tiny bit of garlic salt) make up the cous cous in a bowl of boiling water with cling film over the top. Mixing in a sprinkling of vegetable stock cube (only a little bit again). Mix together, voila!
  • babs2008
    babs2008 Posts: 576 Forumite
    edited 9 June 2009 at 12:19AM
    Options
    RainForest wrote: »
    Well, it is pretty much neutral in taste, so goes well both sweet and savoury.

Obviously in some countries, it is traditionally used in making desserts. What you can do is use fruit juice instead of water, for exotic flavour can add some rose water. Also good idea to add a bit of butter ( both in sweet and savoury cous cous dish). Bit of sugar, cinnamon, nuts and even berries ( I buy Tesco frozen berries). There are lots and lots of variants. It is inexpensive and fun to experiment with. :j:j:j

Great ideas. I will try them. Will make an interesting change from porridge in the morning. :T

I guess it's a similar idea to the traditionally Jewish dish of Lokschen Pudding -using noodles to make a dessert.
    Looking forward to the future.
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Into a few grapes (ASDA do packs of mixed red & white ones), kept in the fridge, at the moment. I am also on a bit of a diet.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • RainForest_2
    RainForest_2 Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    I am also on a bit of a diet.

ROFL:rotfl: I love the way you put it!:rotfl:
    I am always on a bit of a diet! :D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income