burn software not detecting my DVDRW

in Techie Stuff
5 replies 389 views
dori2odori2o Forumite
8.2K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
✭✭✭✭
I'm trying to burn an image to a disk but none of the burn software I have is detecting my DVDRW. Not even if I try and burn a music track or film, nothing.

Could this be linked to the problems I have been having with the browser hijack?

I've done all the usual tests and nothing has come up.
[SIZE=-1]To equate judgement and wisdom with occupation is at best . . . insulting.
[/SIZE]

Replies

• aliEnRIKaliEnRIK Forumite
    17.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dori2o wrote: »

Could this be linked to the problems I have been having with the browser hijack?

Every chance
    :idea:
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    48.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    donnies method should work , had the same problem after Itunes decided it owned all my drives
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.[
  • "Old" burning software may not see the DVD writer upgrade / get driver updates from burning s/w company.
    Also firmware in the DVD (software built in) can be updated this might help, as could almost any thing else could have upset your system.
  • rmg1rmg1 Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had the same problem with burning cd's from WMP. I ended up uninstalling the DVDRW from device manager and rebooting. Windows then refound the DVDRW, reinstalled it and it worked.
    :wall: Flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality - Am I flogging a dead horse? :wall:

Any posts are my opinion and only that. Please read at your own risk.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides