burn software not detecting my DVDRW

in Techie Stuff
5 replies 389 views
dori2odori2o Forumite
8.2K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
Forumite
I'm trying to burn an image to a disk but none of the burn software I have is detecting my DVDRW. Not even if I try and burn a music track or film, nothing.

Could this be linked to the problems I have been having with the browser hijack?

I've done all the usual tests and nothing has come up.
[SIZE=-1]To equate judgement and wisdom with occupation is at best . . . insulting.
[/SIZE]

Replies

• aliEnRIKaliEnRIK Forumite
    17.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    dori2o wrote: »

Could this be linked to the problems I have been having with the browser hijack?

Every chance
    :idea:
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Ambassador
    49.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Ambassador
    donnies method should work , had the same problem after Itunes decided it owned all my drives
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • "Old" burning software may not see the DVD writer upgrade / get driver updates from burning s/w company.
    Also firmware in the DVD (software built in) can be updated this might help, as could almost any thing else could have upset your system.
  • rmg1rmg1 Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I had the same problem with burning cd's from WMP. I ended up uninstalling the DVDRW from device manager and rebooting. Windows then refound the DVDRW, reinstalled it and it worked.
    :wall: Flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality - Am I flogging a dead horse? :wall:

Any posts are my opinion and only that. Please read at your own risk.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Check your Clubcard vouchers

Use our trick to extend them

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals