Advice please

Options
ruston
ruston Posts: 5 Forumite
Hi
Can anyone help me.
I'm rubbish with mobile phones & I need to drag myself into the 21st century!
I'm currently on PAYG with O2 & spend around £15 per month on top ups. My main usage is for texts with some calls.
I'm looking for a phone with a good camera (recently became a grandmother).
I've been on so many sites & looked at so many phones my head is spinning. I've seen a Samsung Tocca ultra & quite like the look of this phone. I would also like to keep my existing phone number.
I would greatly appreciate any advice anyone is willing to give.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• Crazy_Jamie
    Crazy_Jamie Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Keeping your existing number will not be a problem; you just need to ring 02 to get it transferred to a contract SIM card, which they will do automatically.

However, it is worth noting that you are not going to get the Tocco Ultra on anything less than a £25 a month contract, which is more than you're spending now. If you're willing to deal with that extra expense then fair enough. But I think a better option for you might be to keep the phone you have now and buy a decent digital camera. That may well serve you better.
    "MIND IF I USE YOUR PHONE? IF WORD GETS OUT THAT
    I'M MISSING FIVE HUNDRED GIRLS WILL KILL THEMSELVES."
  • ruston
    ruston Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for reply.
    I do have a digital camera.
    I just wanted a new phone with a decent camera.
    My phone is a Motoralla Pebl (have had it 3 years now)
    Have just been looking on dialphone.co.uk website, they seem to have some decent offers. Do you know if they are a reputable company to deal with.

Many Thanks
  • Crazy_Jamie
    Crazy_Jamie Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The problem with companies like dialphone is that they operate using cashback deals. In other words, the contract is not as cheap as advertised from the off. You actually pay full price to the primary provider (Orange, O2, T-Mobile etc) and then claim cashback from dialphone at regular intervals in the contract. The hope on their part is that the procedure for doing that will be too complex for you to bother ultimately, or that you will forget. Some are known for not being the most accessible when it comes to things like this. You'll have to hunt around for feedback on the individual cashback companies if you want to go with one of them, but personally I'd simply take out a contract online direct with one of the major companies. It may work out being a little more expensive, but there is far less hassle.
    "MIND IF I USE YOUR PHONE? IF WORD GETS OUT THAT
    I'M MISSING FIVE HUNDRED GIRLS WILL KILL THEMSELVES."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family