Lloyds TSB - Unbelievable

Options
We have a LTSB Airmiles duo credit card and hubby is the main account holder with myself as the additional cardholder.

As it is usually me who deals with all the finances, in December last year we asked LTSB if I could be authorised to be able to speak to them about the account ie any queries etc. They sent out a form which was the wrong form (they sent out a request to add a cardholder). Anyway we eventually got the right form, filled it in with "option 2" which would give me full access to the account. We phoned in Jan 2009 and was told they had received this.

Today I phoned with a query and was told they couldn't speak to me as I wasn't the main account holder. Explained about the authority and was told nothing on file. So hubby phoned tonight, at first told no authority so he expressed complete dissatisfaction then they miraculously find the authority and she had to check with "card services".

She came back telling us they had written to us 2 weeks ago (nothing received) and that we would need.... wait for it........... to get a Power of Attorney and go into our local LTSB branch :eek:

She then admitted there was nothing on her system to say they had written out to us and she didn't really know what to do next.

We are completely gobsmacked at the Power of Attorney suggestion. What is the point of them having these authority forms and then saying we need POA????

Anybody else experienced anything like this????
The best things in life are free.....

Comments

• never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    I applied for a bank account and got a cifas registered against me - just arguing with fraud dept to get it removed now.... failure to comply will see me enforcing through the courts..... they are shambolic and I am glad they refused me an account - phew lucky escape!
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • Andy_Ches
    Andy_Ches Posts: 420 Forumite
    Options
    I applied for a bank account and got a cifas registered against me - just arguing with fraud dept to get it removed now.... failure to comply will see me enforcing through the courts..... they are shambolic and I am glad they refused me an account - phew lucky escape!

why did they register the CIFAS?
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    Andy_Ches wrote: »
    why did they register the CIFAS?

incorrect linked address........ bummer eh? :confused: my NOC was enough to avoid the cifas.....

• Andy_Ches
    Options
    my 46 :eek: linked address did worry me until they we're removed!
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    Andy_Ches wrote: »
    my 46 :eek: linked address did worry me until they we're removed!

but mate, my one is the same name and dob! spooky - guess that is called a doppelgänger! thus they don't believe me even though I sent council tax bills from my previous address - they still accuse me grrrr... Its only equifax, Experian removed everything cos they said my proof was suffice and sorry for inconvenience.

amazing really.

• Andy_Ches
    Options
    but mate, my one is the same name and dob! spooky - guess that is called a doppelgänger! thus they don't believe me even though I sent council tax bills from my previous address - they still accuse me grrrr... Its only equifax, Experian removed everything cos they said my proof was suffice and sorry for inconvenience.

amazing really.

It took the DO at experian ages to sort mine. I've only lived at 3 addresses but I mentioned previously it was listed incorrectly more than 40 times and the linked addresses created didn't even exist as they were a mixture of all 3. i.e. first address street name, second address town, third address postcode....created as a linked address.

Mad.
  • Andy_Ches
    Options
    one of his colleagues who was really helpful ;)
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    Yea I found the directors office helpful - fair play to experian (1st time i've ever said that and will deny ever saying it lol)

• Parki_2
    Parki_2 Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yea I found the directors office helpful - fair play to experian (1st time i've ever said that and will deny ever saying it lol)

That may come back to haunt you one day ;p
  • Andy_Ches
    Options
    Parki wrote: »
    That may come back to haunt you one day ;p

lol

they do genuinely care in the DO.

Just a shame it wasn't good service further down the chain.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure