Twins at University

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Student Money Saving
12 replies 9.4K views
2»

Replies

• whitfreakwhitfreak Forumite
    276 Posts
    His current grants/loans should have been calculated on a living at home basis (as he was living with his dad). So he'll get more by being reasseessed as living away from home.

I don't know the rules on co-habiting (but not married partners). But as he's not your child, I can't imagine that you'd be responsible for him, therefore your income should not count, but I may be wrong. But the two effects may balance themselves out.

On the where he'd live front, whats wrong with him getting a shared house with other students like 99% of students. That will be cheaper £600 a month.
  • OldernotwiserOldernotwiser
    37.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitfreak wrote: »
    His current grants/loans should have been calculated on a living at home basis (as he was living with his dad). So he'll get more by being reasseessed as living away from home.

I don't know the rules on co-habiting (but not married partners). But as he's not your child, I can't imagine that you'd be responsible for him, therefore your income should not count, but I may be wrong. But the two effects may balance themselves out.

On the where he'd live front, whats wrong with him getting a shared house with other students like 99% of students. That will be cheaper £600 a month.

Student finance is based on household income so the OP's would be taken into account if they all move in together. I agree with you that the best thing would be for the son to move in to in to student accommodation.
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides