Cheap one way flight LON to DFW (or TXK, or LIT)

Options
I am returning to the USA to live after three years here, and thought that I would be able to find a cheap one-way flight as I do not need the return. Curiously, return flights seem to be cheaper than one way. Does anyone have any alternative ideas or sites that might find me a cheap one way flight? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• lorweld
    lorweld Posts: 5,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]
    :hello:
  • M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    how about you book a return, and then "forget" to use the return...
  • neilbond007
    neilbond007 Posts: 2,111 Forumite
    edited 27 May 2009 at 7:52PM
    Options
    I moved to the US a month ago. Single ticket was £660. Return was £289.
    I booked the return and just no showed for the return flight. Heard nothing more from the airline.
  • PolishBigSpender
    Options
    markymoo wrote: »
    how about you book a return, and then "forget" to use the return...

Many carriers reserve the right to charge you extra in the event of a 'no-show' for a flight.
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Many carriers reserve the right to charge you extra in the event of a 'no-show' for a flight.

Ignore this!

From reading here I understand it happens on cross channel ferries but it is not the case on airlines.
  • old_motters
    old_motters Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    fifeken wrote: »
    Ignore this!

From reading here I understand it happens on cross channel ferries but it is not the case on airlines.

Yep.

I've done this and had no comeback from the airline. I believe that the airlines do reserve the right to charge you for a one way fare if they believe you've thrown away the return portion of your ticket however, in reality it's almost impossible to enforce. Simply saying that your plans have changed should be sufficient to avoid any problems in the highly unlikely event the OP is contacted.

Obviously do not contact the airline and bring your 'change of plan' to their attention.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure