Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

fixed penalty notice

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
5 replies 2.7K views
skymanmfcskymanmfc Forumite
5 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
i got a fixed penalty notice for talking on my phone when i was sat at traffic lights (to my girlfriend who is pregant) when i got home i looked at the ticket and the date the police man put on was wrong it should have been 4/5/09 instead he put 5/4/09......
is the ticket valid and can i get out of the 3 points and fine???
please help.

Replies

• edited 25 May 2009 at 6:03PM
    dieselheaddieselhead Forumite
    599 Posts
    edited 25 May 2009 at 6:03PM
    Short answer no.

Minor mistakes are seen as just that, minor mistakes. You are probably best paying up and taking the points, if you go to court you are quite likely to get a higher fine.
    2009 wins: Cadburys Chocolate Pack x 6, Sally Hansen Hand cream, Ipod nano! mothers day meal at Toby Carvery! :j :j :j :j
  • lisawood78lisawood78 Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    Who you were talking to on the phone has no bearing on the ticket as far as I can see (I know you didn't say it has but you saw fit to mention it)

I agree pay up, you shouldn't have been doing it and got caught.
    2 angels in heaven :A
  • edited 25 May 2009 at 6:46PM
    MrsTinksMrsTinks Forumite
    15.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 25 May 2009 at 6:46PM
    Moving to Travel board
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • sporedudesporedude Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Yep pay up, Shoudnt be using a phone behind the wheel anyway, Traffic lights or no traffic lights.
  • anewmananewman Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fine could be £1000 in court.

HIghway code...

You MUST exercise proper control of your vehicle at all times. You MUST NOT use a hand-held mobile phone, or similar device, when driving or when supervising a learner driver, except to call 999 or 112 in a genuine emergency when it is unsafe or impractical to stop. Never use a hand-held microphone when driving. Using hands-free equipment is also likely to distract your attention from the road. It is far safer not to use any telephone while you are driving or riding - find a safe place to stop first or use the voicemail facility and listen to messages later.

[Laws RTA 1988 sects 2 & 3 & CUR regs 104 & 110]
This discussion has been closed.