Options
2»

Comments

• Daneel
    Daneel Posts: 102 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    40% overall over a period of 5 years is the equivalent of 6.96% AER according to my calculations and that matches porcupine. There are 8% p.a. versions out there.

Its not invested in the FTSE. Its a structured product where the issuer invests it in a variety of ways but the rate of return is governed by the FTSE100.

NDFA and Premier tend to come out with the best terms. Investec have had a few good ones in recent times as well. Barclays tends to be the best version available from the all the banks.

Ok, got it.

NDFA was easy enough to find. By Premier, did you mean premier asset management? http://www.premierassetmanagement.co.uk/

If I did want to get one of those within an ISA instead of something from a high street bank, how would I go about that?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    That is the correct link to premier.
    If I did want to get one of those within an ISA instead of something from a high street bank, how would I go about that?

Premier will take applications direct or via an IFA. I think NDFA need an IFA. Investec need an IFA. An IFA can also issue Barclays ones (as well as a number of others). So, even if Barclays were best, you dont need to use the bank branch.

If you know what you want you can ask the IFA to transact on "execution only" basis. This means the IFA wont give any advice and you reduce your FOS protection (as you cant complain it was bad advice) but in return the IFA will share the commission payment with you.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure